What are the DVDs that cause problems for players? And is there a list?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Reginald Trent, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I would also like to know the time mark within the DVD where the problem is known to occur. I know I'm asking a lot but I want to see if I can find a DVD to stump my Toshiba 2109 and 1700

2. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I have a Toshiba DVD player myself. I don't remember the exact model off the top of my head, but it's an older model (first generation). I've only ever encountered three discs that gave me problems:
    The Parent Trap (1998): Sound drops out right after the opening credits. It stays that way for a few minutes, unless you fast forward, pause rewind, chapter skip, or some other such operation. When you resume, the sound will return to normal.
    T2, Ultimate Edition: Same problem as The Parent Trap. Sound drops out towards the end (SPOILER!), right after Schwarzenneger is lowered into the molten lava.
    Very Bad Things: Disc won't play at all.

3. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

The only DVD that I had problems with was Enemy of the State. I believe it was Chapter 18 (not sure) where it just paused and I had to skip a couple of seconds to continue. It happened everytime I tried it with my SD3109.
    Regards