What are the differences between the Toshiba HX71 series and HX83?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon_Gregory, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

Just what the title suggests. Does anyone have any info on these two models. Any cons? Any pros? I have found a Toshiba 53HX71 Cinema Series TV for $1439.99. Is this the earlier year's model? I notice that they only make the 51" now which is the 51HX83 model number. Any help is appreciated.

2. John S

John S Producer

I think the HD Dynamic contrast feature was improved in the 83 over the 71.....

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

LOTS of differences. First, the HX71 is a 4:3 TV and it's 2 model years old. The HX83 is 16:9 and current model year.

Toshiba completely re-vamped the internals of the '83s, so they are very different on the inside too.

4. Dennis Gonzales

Hello to all!!!

I'm also interested to know more information on the Toshiba 51hx83 and 51hx93. I know the 51hx93, has built in HDTV reciever and better lenses. But I would like to know "real world" performance on how these sets perform. Basically are they any good? Any problems? And most importantly the picture quality. So to all that have experience on the sets, I would surely appreciate any feedback..

Thanks,

Dennis

5. David Parrish

David Parrish Stunt Coordinator

In the latest home theater the 65HX93 beat out 9 other RPTVs for first place. Opponents included Mits, Hits, Sony LCD, Samsung DLP, Sony CRT RPTV, and many more.