What's new

What are the DACs in the Elite 45TX? (1 Viewer)

StevenK

Second Unit
Can't find any info on them. I see that the 47TX and 49TX use Burr-Browns, but no info on the 45TX. I already have the 45TX on the way, but I'm already worried about the sound. I'm currently on a Pioneer VSX-D811S and I don't like the sound very much.

BTW, this is my 6th receiver in about an 8 month span...is there something wrong with me? :D

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Ther is a link on this forum about the DAC's. They are Motorola's Symphony and the best chip they have. BTW: The sound is very good.

Mike

Daneel

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the Motorola Symphony chips were the 2 DSPs in the 45tx? They do the DACs as well?

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Oops sorry. I get confused easily.

Same thread has info on the DAC's

Mike

David Judah

Screenwriter
AKM DACs. AK4383 DAC & AK5380 ADC

AKM is used by several highly regarded pre-pros including the Anthem AVM 20. Of course, sound quality isn't all about the ADCs & DACs, but IMO they are implemented well in the 45TX. I believe you will find it to be a very large step up from the 811.

In addition, processing is done by two Motorola DSPC 56367 Symphony chips.

DJ

Daneel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dj, I couldn't find that information anywhere. Does the 45tx use different DACs for the front 2 channels or what? I'm wondering why you gave specs for 2 chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks