What's new

What are the chances of 'Undeclared' on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was listening to an interview with Judd Apatow a couple of weeks ago and he said if Freaks and Geeks sells well there would be a strong possibility of getting Undeclared released.

Does anyone have any figures on how F&G is selling at this point?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I don't know how well F&G is selling, but I'd also love to get my hands on Undeclared.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think Freaks and Geeks went over pretty well from what i saw. It was not a door buster so to speak, but from talking with people and seeing how fanatical the fanbase is, I think it did well enough.

Now bring on Undeclared!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I think we'll have it sometime in 2005. Again, probably only because Judd and Paul are the driving forces behind getting it released. Can't wait! I love the episode with Will Ferrell as a speed freak that students hire to write papers for them. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I feel good that F&G is selling well enough to allow Undeclared to see the light of day. That's just me, though.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I just looked at an episode guide, and now I really want this show on DVD. Lots and lots of Freaks & Geeks connections, beginning with Seth Rogen and Jason Segel as major players. Not to mention guest spots by other F&G alumni: Samm Levine, Steve Bannos, Busy Phillips, Natasha Melnick, RF Daley, and Martin Starr. Seth Rogen also wrote a few episodes. Directors included Paul Feig, Jake Kasdan & Jon Favreau. Celebrity guest stars included Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell & Kyle Gass.

17 half-hour episodes. Get me this on DVD now!

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
In the video section of the latest Entertainment Weekly (with Christian Bale), an article states that Shout! Factory is going ahead with plans for 'Undeclared' DVDs based on 'F&G' sales.

No release date was given.

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
In the video section of the latest Entertainment Weekly (with Christian Bale), an article states that Shout! Factory is going ahead with plans for 'Undeclared' DVDs based on 'F&G' sales.

No release date was given.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Great. Wonderful. While it's not quite up to F&G standards, it was a very funny show, and I look forward to picking it up.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Small Update:

Judd left a message on the F&G board stating that they are currently sorting out the music rights (some of the bands like Coldplay and Outkast have become bigger since the show aired). He hopes to have it released by next Spring.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great to hear an update. If they could work out the music issues with F&G, I'm sure they can work it out with Undeclared.

Eli G

Auditioning
It might be out in May, but it should definitely be out by sometime this summer. Shout Factory is working on it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.