What's new

What Are The Chances of These TV Shows Coming To DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Dave i was wondering what are the chances of some of these shows coming to DVD?

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Grounded For Life

That 70s Show

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Brimstone

Mad TV

Alf

Pirate Islands

Sightings

I already know that my other favourites are all coming soon (Seinfeld, Eerie Indiana & Keen Eddie)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jim,

Welcome to the forum. :)

But, please, refrain from such bad practices like bumping up your posts. Especially within a few hours.

No-one who posts here is entitled to a reply. And also you position your post above threads of other members, that were more recent or got posted to more recently.

You may want to read our forum rule #13 again.

Thanks for understanding.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You could also visit the TV on DVD website linked in Dave's sig. They probably have the latest news known for each show.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, Malcolm's essentially correct in that if I knew anything, I would have mentioned it at TVShowsOnDVD.

I had originally bypassed this thread because yesterday was a hectic day for me (today still is too, but I have a minute).

But sure, I'm game to share my opinions:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air...I think NBC owns the DVD rights to this, but would have to get Will Smith and Quincy Jones to sign off on it. I don't know if the latter is a problem or not. I think that this is much more likely to see the light of day under the new "NBC Universal" powerhouse. :)

Grounded For Life, That 70s Show...are all owned by Carsey-Werner, who hasn't put a single one of their shows onto DVD other than some Columbia House (subscription-only and expensive) releases of The Cosby Show. Personally I'd like to see those, but I think it's more likely we'll first see retail releases of The Cosby Show along with A Different World, Roseanne, Third Rock From The Sun, and Grace Under Fire. That is, whenever this studio gets around to doing DVDs at all.

Are You Afraid of the Dark?...I think Nickelodeon and distributer Paramount are concentrating on the newer cartoons, sorry.

Brimstone...seem to recall the name, but I never watched it and don't recall a thing about it.

Mad TV...my opinion is that the clearance rights to get this out on DVD would be too much, and that Fox would never do it. On the other hand, that was my exact opinion about In Living Color, and that's in-the-works! So what the hell do I know? :D

Alf...I think that the rights holders to this - whoever they may be - are seriously missing the boat on this item. I think it would sell nicely, if done right. If the rights holders read this and aren't a big studio themselves (or affiliated with one), I bet that Anchor Bay or Rhino would welcome a call from them! :wink:

Pirate Islands, Sightings...never heard of these, sorry.

I DO get an ego boost from being a "pundit" on these matters, but remember please that's it just one man's opinion, and that any actual *facts* I have are shared as I get them. Thanks,

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave :)

Brimstone was a show that wqas on Fox in 1998-1999 and was about cop Ezekial Stone who after being shot was sent to hell for killing a man who had raped his wife. 113 of the most vile souls escaped Hell and the Devil gave Stone a deal if you return all 113 to me i'll give you a second chance at life on Earth. It was a really awesome show that should have more then 13 episodes and is one of my most favourite shows. Fox seriously needs to put this on DVD. I'm trying to get enough perople to vote on your site so i can at least make an impression that people want it out. It might not work but its worth a chance and i think this show deserves at least that. Please Vote for Brimstone.

Pirate Islands is a new show that came out in March and is an Austrailan show about while kids were testing a new pirate game they accidently get sucked into the game and now have to find a way out. This show has easily become one of my favourite shows of 2003 as it has a pirate story and theme which i love. Too bad Fox isn't showing it anymore.

Sightings was a show similar to Unsolved Mysteries and came out i think in 1990. It had the coolest stories of the paranormal ever. I really miss this show. While it would never come out in Season Sets i'd take a best of for this anyday.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Also what about the shows that are in the top 20 at your site? What are they? Which ones have had the votes to get to DVD and get the Companie's attention?

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Dave,
Whats the word on Greatest American Hero?

Its one of my most wanted TV shows next to Seinfeld.

Thanks buddy!

Matt

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Jim,
Greatest American Hero was on for about 2 years (est) in the 80's. A rough description of the show follows:

A schoolteacher gets a superhero suit giving him powers from an alien rae, telling him to fight crime. He loses the instruction book however. He teams up with his lawyer girlfriend and a bitter FBI agent and the three of them get the bad guys.

It was produced by Stephen J Cannell.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave's back on-line for the first time since mid-Friday, but I have to run food shopping right now. I'll see if I can answer those in-depth questions a bit later. :)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
You mean Everybody Loves Raymond isn't on DVD? I thought it would ber or at least Coming.... That's weird that KIng of Queens is coming but this isn't.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Also what about the shows that are in the top 20 at your site? What are they? Which ones have had the votes to get to DVD and get the Companie's attention?
I don't know the Top 20 any more than you guys do. Gord might be able to query that, but any registered member who signs on sees a top ten list, and that's all I have access to.

Unless you just start poking around individual shows and happen to notice the ones that are at #'s 11, 12, 13, etc. then there's no easy way to know the "top twenty" (or 50, or 100, etc.).

As for the status of the Top 10:
[*]Roswell - Feb 2004[*]Firefly - 12/9/03[*]Charmed - No word (all current rumors have been squashed)[*]Seinfeld - In the planning stages[*]JAG - Paramount collected info from polls here at HTF as well as the TVShowsOnDVD voting this past spring, so we know it's on their minds.[*]Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Nothing has been announced yet.[*]MacGyver - No word here yet, either.[*]La Femme Nikita - Season 1 is out, and S2 is being considered.[*]Beverly Hills, 90210 - No word[*]Gilmore Girls - No word

Let's ease off on questions toward me about this stuff, please. Real news will be posted at TVShowsOnDVD, and rumors I'll leave for the Digital Bits rumor mill section, and for Ain't It Cool News.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks