What are the chances of series sets of Law and Order in R2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Aaron, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    TV on DVD seems to be much bigger business in R2 than R1 and given that Law and Order is on Channel 5 now, I was wondering what the chances were that some local company would pick up the rights to do series box sets...I love this show and have followed it for years; I would dearly love to see it evolve over time on DVD.

If the UK had a show like this to educate the public about how the justice system works (especially differences between England/Wales and Scotland) I think that would be terrific. Most courtroom dramas end up having too much soap-opera in them; aside from a brief flirtation with it, Law and Order managed to avoid getting bogged down by the character's personal lives and stick with the story.

2. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Just giving this a bump...any ideas on who we could petition for it?

3. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Well Series 1 is going to be announced for 15/10 apparently in R1, but I'd still like confirmation of R2 before I pre-order it...

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Why don't they have L&O UK? It's gotta be the wigs [​IMG]
    Talk to Universal UK, the various branches work autonimously, they don't know what the other is doing except on titles like BTTF. That's why you see DTS in Australia, but none in the uS