What's new

What are the chances of SACD titles being released on DVD-A? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I just upgraded to DVD-A and like what I have heard so far. My question is I've noticed some titles out on SACD that I would love to have on DVD-A. Since the formats are in competition with each other is there a snowballs chance in hell of getting them out on DVD-A? Thanks in advance.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Best chance is one of the upcoming players that can play both formats. Maybe some new CES (Consumer Electronics Show)info will filter out this week.

You can also run both formats (separate players) into your amp/receiver, which some of us are doing.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Its probably doubtful for the near future since most SACD's are made by Sony affiliates so I don't see them supporting DVD-A right off the bat unless forced to by economic situations.

Patrick

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
My friends at Chesky Records have released titles on both formats. Check out their website - chesky.com.
And they make excellent recordings as well. :)
Lee

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Patrick nailed it...never say never, but don't expect to see DVD-A releases of titles on Sony labels for the next few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks