What's new

What are the chances of chats with DISNEY, UNIVERSAL and COLUMBIA? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know, I'm probably dreaming. But these are the studios it seems we want answers from most - regarding widescreen vs. pan and scan, catalog output, etc. - and the ones we never hear from. It may well be that studio reps from these companies browse this forum, but wouldn't it be delightful if they actually communicated with their fan/sales base?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Disney has refused every request if memory serves, they REALLY don't care. Given Universal's current "For Sale" sign I don't think they want to commit to commenting on anything. Columbia I'd say there's a solid chance at

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Universal is definitely out. They don't do
interviews. Disney? I don't think I ever asked,
but I am not very confident they will. Columbia?
If you guys really want a chat with them I could
approach them.

Frankly, Fox, Anchor Bay and Warner seem to be
the most approachable studios. They love to do
chats with us from time to time.

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
I'd definitely be interested in a Columbia chat (or at least the aftermath of one, being in the UK isn't conducive to attending! ;) ).

Perhaps the evidence of your succesful chats with people like Warners & Fox is just what you need to demonstrate that the interviews aren't simply a forum to air grievances or otherwise have a go at the studio (which I imagine is a thought that runs through the PR guys heads when this sort of request turns up).

We could be pleasantly suprised. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think a Columbia chat would be great. I also think they would be interested in our opinions, especially since they conducted a poll of what tv shows to release.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I want to ask Columbia what WERE they thinking with their "best-of" atrocities (MwC, Designing Women) considering that their season sets have been reasonably priced and sold quite well.

If Disney even acknowledges this board's existence I'll probably have a heart attack. How many people do you think would ask about Song of the South?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Add me to the votes for a Columbia chat. I'd love to thank them for OSL on the HK movies and see what else is coming down the pike.

Chris

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
My HTF Chat preferences:

1. Criterion/Home Vision
2. Universal (too bad it won't happen)
3. Columbia/Tristar
4. MGM/UA
5. Paramount
6. New Yorker (doubt many others would be interested, however--New Yorker caters to a niche market of foreign & classic films)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
agreed that Disney, Columbia, and Criterion (heck, all those listed) would be great.

Love the chats with WB and folks but it would be nice to get some "new blood" into the chats.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Blue Underground.

Just got my hands on some of their stuff and it's excellent. Looking forward to Dead and Buried.

I'd love a Columbia chat... even though I am based in the UK, I'd stay up to ask... where is Larry Sanders Season 2! :)

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
I, too, would value a Columbia chat, both to offer them my congratulations on their early (and continuing), admirable support of classic releases (until Fox's recent Sunrise promotion, they were the only major studio to release a silent title on DVD, and they did so early in the format :emoji_thumbsup: ), and to encourage further such releases (particularly early sound titles, such as Frank Capra's Platinum Blonde, but many others as well). Columbia has been very good to classic film enthusiasts over the years, and further discussion with the studio on this topic would be of great interest.

I've been very vocal in my praise of Universal's double and (so far just one) triple feature classic releases, which represent a great cost to content value. Fox issued a few double feature releases at one point, as well, and of course Warners remains the gold standard in high quality, restored, nicely supplemented classic films on disc. Suggestions along these lines (offering much deserved praise for such early Columbia titles as Lost Horizon) might prove worthwhile in a discussion with Columbia reps.

I'm sure many of us would also like to suggest, and inquire about, a few Superbit titles (there's a thread for that purpose over in the Studio Feedback forum). Branagh's Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, followed closely by Zucker's First Knight, are far and away the pictures I'd most like to see under that banner.

At any rate, count me among those hoping a Columbia chat comes to pass. :)

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, would love a Columbia chat.

I also would love to hear from Mr. Staddon again in the near future, as well...;)

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Wasn't Disney supposed to talk to The Digital Bits a while ago? I remember seeing a Part I, but can't remember reading Part II...

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a chat with Alliance Atlantis... :D

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
A Columbia chat would be great.
Will we ever have the chat with Paramount that had to be canceled? I know that Mr. Blythe needed to check with the new head of the studio about chats. Any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks