What's new

What are the best speakers for $1,000 to $3,000 (1 Viewer)

Ryan Witz

Auditioning
What are the best speakers for $1,000 to $3,000 because I have been looking and listening- there are the M&K THX Select speakers that sounded great but what about something like Paradigm's Legend 9 package ( I think its called That) with the Monitor 11s.

- Ryan
Any Other suggestions for me

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
at that price range, there's a lot of choices. I have the Mission Cinema 8 series, comprising 782s at front, 78C centre and 78DS surrounds, with an SVS25-31PCi, which should be within the US$3K budget.

I believe many think highly of Definitive Technology's speakers, which come with built-in subs. as well as Energy's speakers.

What HiFi's winning package in that price class is from Mordaunt Short. at the lower level, the winner is the Acoustic Energy Evo Three set.

best? who knows. it's too subjective anyway. the important thing is to listen for yourself. if you like it, it's "best" to you.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Thats right the fun part is thr search, getting to look and listen in all the Audio shops, beware some of these places trick up their rooms. Shipping is almost too expensive to buy off the web (towers in particular) check out the stores return policy and see if you can demo in your own home. The 2 you mentioned are great for two different purposes, the M&Ks are great for HT, the Paridigms for music (great on HT too)
You will get lots of input on this but remember thats only 1 persons opinion. . . Sounds like you have a lot of listening to do.
Round up some known CDs and DVDs ant start at the High End places with speakers you know you cant afford, find those with excellent (PRO) reveiws and listen, then go down the price line trying to remember what you liked about the expensive guys, try to find the cheaper ones with those same qualitys.
Remember All You Will Get Here is What Someone Else Likes. It is good to have a starting point however, once you funnel it down to a few models then you can ask for specifac info on that brand/model. . .

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I have owned the Paradigm system linked to, however I did not own the Di-pole rears and didnt buy it as a package.
Paridigm builds great sounding speakers, You need high quality amps to get the best from them, once there you are doing about as good as you can do at any price period.

John Spicer

Agent
I just put together a new system made up of B&W 600 Series and an SVS that came in right at $3K once it was wired. It consists of :

B&W 603s3 X 2
B&W 600s3 X 1
B&W 601s2 X 2
SVS 25 31 PCi

It was worth every penny and I am not left wanting.

-- John

DanaA

Screenwriter
Check out the rave review of the Monitor Bronze speakers in the current issue of DVD, ETC. MSRP = $1576 for 5 speakers plus sub. The author states that they are way ahead of the rest of their class sonically and they also look beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks