What are the best sources for R2, R3 and R4 players (not "all region")?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Todd Calhoun, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Todd Calhoun

Todd Calhoun Agent

I need to get some R2 (PAL & NTSC), R3, and R4 (PAL and NTSC) players. Both older and newer models. I'm most interested in the best selling ones.

What would be the best way to go about doing this? What are the best online retailers? Are there any members of the forum that would like to make some $$$ by buying them for me?

What are the duties/taxes on sending DVD players from other parts of the world?

I'm in Southern California.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Todd, I'm guessing you're working for/own a DVD QC or Authoring facility. I believe you should contact equipment manufacturers, I've heard of some "package" deals

3. Sam Owens

Sam Owens Stunt Coordinator

It's now virtually impossible to get R4 players at a retail level in Australia and NZ. Whilst they are labelled as such, most players do not actually have region coding.

4. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Likewise R3 (at least the Singapore part of R3), most are already modded by the time they reach the retailer. Although curiously I heard of one case recently (on a local forum) where someone wound up with a non-modded player that couldn't spin R1 discs. Our advice to him was to take it back to the shop either to swap for a modded player or to get it modded [​IMG]

5. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

You may want to check out nerd-out.com