What's new

What are the best floor fans? Vornados? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
I'm getting ready for summer and plan on buying a few floor fans to help my window A/C unit along. I was curious as to what everyone thought of Vornados? Are they worth the money? What about their refurbished units? Any problems? Thanks!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Steer clear of the Vornados. Way overpriced and they don't move air any more efficiently than other freestanding fans. Instead, get a few of these bad boys:
Lakewood Kool Operator
They usually can be had for less than 20 bucks (pay no attention to the "suggested retail price" listed) I have two in my house and they work great. And they work well for tasks other than cooling, like drying a wet floor or removing the stink of the occasional burnt toast. :)

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I love my Vornado fans. In my experience they do a very good job of cooling a room without making you feel like you are in a wind tunnel. They are also fairly quiet for the amount of air they circulate.

I have no experience with the Kool Operator fans but they look like they can move some air. My problem with traditional fans like that is I don't get the benefit of the fan unless it is blowing directly on me...something that I don't really like (wind tunnel again).

- Jeff

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I like the vornado. I got a refurbished one for about $20, and it's very nice. It's quiet and gets the air moving, you can't really ask for more.

Users who are viewing this thread