1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What are the best floor fans? Vornados?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Swartz, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

I'm getting ready for summer and plan on buying a few floor fans to help my window A/C unit along. I was curious as to what everyone thought of Vornados? Are they worth the money? What about their refurbished units? Any problems? Thanks!

2. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Steer clear of the Vornados. Way overpriced and they don't move air any more efficiently than other freestanding fans. Instead, get a few of these bad boys:
    Lakewood Kool Operator
    They usually can be had for less than 20 bucks (pay no attention to the "suggested retail price" listed) I have two in my house and they work great. And they work well for tasks other than cooling, like drying a wet floor or removing the stink of the occasional burnt toast. [​IMG]

3. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

I love my Vornado fans. In my experience they do a very good job of cooling a room without making you feel like you are in a wind tunnel. They are also fairly quiet for the amount of air they circulate.

I have no experience with the Kool Operator fans but they look like they can move some air. My problem with traditional fans like that is I don't get the benefit of the fan unless it is blowing directly on me...something that I don't really like (wind tunnel again).

- Jeff

4. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

I like the vornado. I got a refurbished one for about $20, and it's very nice. It's quiet and gets the air moving, you can't really ask for more.