What are the best component cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Iseman, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Steve Iseman

Steve Iseman Agent

One that's less than a $100.

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

like from a dvd? Target has 12', I think, GE's for $20. Good looking build. Middle road AR's meet your price criteria. Take a look over at www.partsexpress.com or www.accessories4less.com both are good places with good service and fast shipping along with very decent s/h and return policies. Partsexpress I believe has their own line using Dayton products at good price points.

3. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

4. Jeff James

Jeff James Agent

I bought a monster cable that was selling at a discount because the package was opened. It was an $80 to 100 dollar cable that I snagged for about $60. The thing is built like a tank and heavier than hell. I don't know much about these cables but the thing blew away the standard cable the DVD player came with. I'm happy with my video signal...I just wish all DVD's were created equal and I would stop seeing these edge enhancements and artifacting. Damn that stuff distracts me [​IMG]
    -J

5. Steve Iseman

Steve Iseman Agent

Thanks guys. I've been looking at two higher end component cables available at a local store. One is an Acoustics Research cable which costs about $120 and the other is a Monster Cable for about $90. I was told that the AR had 6 layers of shielding while the Monster's only had 5. Would there be a significant difference between the two?

I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WS-65819 HDTV and a Samsung Progressive Scan DVD player. Now I'm looking for component cables that will get the most out of my TV at a reasonable price. Are the DVD players a big factor in picture quality?

6. Jeff Mills

Jeff Mills Stunt Coordinator

Steve,
    send me an email.
    [email protected]