What's new

What are the best 6.1 demos? (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I know about Gladiator. Arre there any 6.1 Dolby discs out or just DTS? My old Sony dvd doesn't play any dts tracks.

One person in another thread saif JP3 but I don't see 6.1 mentioned on the case.

Jerry C

Grip
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace is DD-EX. There are others as well. Do a search on this forum. There's a thread that's updated periodically and lists DTS-Discrete, DTS-ES and DD-EX titles.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
For real 6.1, there is currently only DTS-ES Discrete 6.1

The best, by far, is The Haunting in DTS-ES Discrete. Blows the hell out of Phantom Menace.

DD EX is 5.1 channels with the back channel matrixed, as is the case with DTS-ES matrix.

Dan

MickB

Agent
JP3 is DTSes matrix like Terminator 3. Check out the Anchor Bay releases they have a lot of DTSex/DDex titles.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The Exorcist: the version you've never seen has a pretty dynamic Dolby Digital EX track (now if only I could remove the new ending).

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hey Mick,

You mentioned T2 is DTS-ES matrix, but on my DTS-ES discrete capable Yamaha receiver, T2 shows on the display as being a separate rear-channel unto itself, hence it would appear to be discrete not matrixed. Only ES encoded DTS dvds show that rear center icon on the display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
francischen
Recent bookmarks