What's new

What are some other websites you enjoy? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
admittedly, i spend most of my free time here, but every once in a while, i feel the need to expand my horizons outside of the ht world and learn about other things.
here's some sites (fun and informative) that i like to visit:
How Stuff Works - this is a great site to learn the basics of just about anything. very informative.
Urban Legends Reference - i've found this site pretty useful in figuring out whether you really are in danger of having your kidney removed!
Popcap - a great site filled with fun & simple strategy games
Just A Tip - do you want to compliment someone about their appearance or criticize someone about their body odor? this site lets you do it anonymously. very cool...
Nova - the companion website to one of the best shows on tv
what about you folks? which sites do you like and why?
ted

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I usually hit the Dead People Server. It's a great site if you want to settle a bet whether someone famous is alive or dead.
Also I like to check up on my co-worker's and friend's criminal history at: Link Removed. I don't know if other states have this kind of access, but it's fun all the same.

Robert Ma

Second Unit
If you are into conspiracies within the current/past news, check out www.rense.com . The scary thing is most of their stories are true and you can find them buried in other sources like yahoo/cnn etc.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Gone Gold is where computer gaming geeks go to find out release dates, among other things. There's also a great forum, much like the good ol' HTF.
VW Vortex is for all things Volkswagen. Tons of forums, tons of young people, tons of threads that make you roll your eyes, all VW related. As much as I can't stand some of the junk there, I... keep... going... back. :b
This is my band Ethyl's website. If you like rock with pop sensibilities and power galore, check us out. Even if you don't, check us out anyway! :star:
Bass Northwest is fun to check every Monday. That's when the Used Gear page is updated.
Enjoy!

GregoryM

Agent
I'm also a long time devotee of the Straight Dope Message Boards. I'll visit The Big Picture, DVD Verdict, and DVD review when it comes time to make my mothly movie purchases.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
CounterPunch for political commentary.
The Chi Reader for Jonathan Rosenbaum's movie reviews.
The Comics Journal Message Board for communion with my fellow comics-reading snobs.
Senses of Cinema for intelligent thoughts from cinephiles the world over.
Strictly Film School - Pascal Acquarello's site.
[ l o n g p a u s e s ] - Darren H's site.
EdwardRHamilton.com for good deals on books.
The Onion for laughs.
I'll occasionally visit Salon.com to see what the middlebrows are up to, and various rightwing sites to see what the enemy those with an opposing point of view are up to (and for laughs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks