What's new

What are some of your favorite foods and/or drinks? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
What are some of your favorite foods and/or drinks? Anything (Healthy/Non-Healthy/Desserts/etc.) apply.

Here are some of mine (I am both a healthy/non-healthy eater depending, so I have included both):

1. French Fries (Depends of where they are from). But, in general they have always been a favorite.

2. Drinks like Stawberry Daqs., Berry Blends, mostly anything off the tropical line as well.

3. The Cheesy Breadsticks from Pizza Hut.

4. Citrus Fruits (Lemons etc., used for water/cooking)

5. Bottled Water (Yes, I actually like water as it's probably around 70%-90% of my daily intake). I have gotten to a point where I can tell the differences in water. Sad, I know.

6. Fillet Mignon/Prime Rib

7. Bakery Products (From Croissants to Donuts). Fresh/not packaged.

8. Sports Bar type appetizers (Cheese Sticks/Chicken Fingers/Onion Rings/etc.). Ones that come from places like Damons/Ruby Tuesdays/etc.

9. Breakfast in general (Hashbrowns/Scrambled Eggs/French Toast/Bacon/etc.)

10. Coconut Chicken/Coconut Shrimp

There's a lot more, but those were things off the top of my head.

P.S. Not a big vegetable lover, but I still eat them. More of a challenge.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'll take a whack at this *and* try to keep it to a top ten. :D

1. Bread - I swear I could eat this for every meal and never want anything else. With cheese or with butter, it doesn't matter. Homemeade Biscuits, Sourdough, Baguette, Foccacia, the list goes on...

2. Cheese - yes, please. But for some strange reason I only seem to like American, Extremely mild Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago and Romano.

3. Chicken Breast - I eat it everyday and don't ever seem to get tired of it. You can fix it a bazillion different ways.

4. French Fries - I crave them so bad sometimes, right along side the greasiest Truck Stop Diner burger I can get. Combine items 2,4 & 7 together and I'm in heaven.

5. Spinach salads - Another thing I crave. It's funny... I wouldn't go near this veggie with a ten foot pole when I was younger. Then I went to a benefit dinner where the appetizer was a spinach salad. I was too polite not too eat it and I ended up loving it. I still don't eat a lot of the 'good' veggies, but I save a place for this one.

6. Nuts - I love peanuts, cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios and sunflower kernels.

7. Hidden Valley Ranch - I would (and have) eat this on anything. I love freshly-made Ranch dressing (and not that crap that comes from any other brand but HV). I love it so much my salads look like soup!

8. Pastries = There are very few items in the Dessert category I don't like (except for Chocolate). I like a milk-chocolate chip cookie every now and then but I vastly prefer white chocolate. Blondies have replaced the Brownie in my book.

9. Stovetop Stuffing - I can't get enough of this stuff.

10. Mountain Dew - I love MD with a passion. It got me through college but I finally had to put a stop to my caffeine fixation when I was up to 4 liters a day (my BP & pulse were bad).

I still drink pop every day, but it's caffeine free ginger ale. It's my only real calorie vice in my day-to-day eating as I am trying to stick to 1800 calorie diet. I save most of the stuff on this list for when I go out, though I love a good Italian or French roll dripping with Cabot's fresh butter with dinner.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Favorite meal - Roast pork loin with pan gravy, sauerkraut and spaetzle. My maternal grandmother was 100% german and she taught my dad how to make this. If I were on death row this would be my last meal.

Favorite vegetables - Brussel sprouts (grilled), asparagus (also grilled), collard greens (cooked w/ bacon, garlic and chicken stock), Trader Joe's frozen haricot verts (I cannot get enough of these).

Favorite drink - Grey Goose martini, extra dry, extra olives
Favorite non-alcoholic drink - Water

Favorite dessert - Durgin-Park Indian Pudding warm, with vanilla ice cream.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Mmmmmm...among other things, my mouth waters for:
Beef Donairs (my first and best experience was at a short-lived joint known as Donair Sensation).

Prime Rib (again, my first experience at Canyon Creek was the best; on a subsequent visit, the prime rib didn't seem as good as the first).

Beef with Chinese Broccoli (consistently ordered whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant).

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Chinese Food: Orange and/or Mandarin
Rice: Brown or white
Dr Pepper or Diet Coke
Red Bull or Rockstar
Greasy bacon cheesburger
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville shrimp (Lime or Jerk)
A good steak with potatoes
Breakfast foods
Jimboys tacos
I might add more later

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Stone baked pizza - When it's done right, there's nothing better.

Hot, fresh doughnuts - Give me a dozen hot, glazed doughnuts and a gallon of milk and I'm all set.

Sushi - An aquired taste for sure. It's become my second favorite food. I can usually put down a good $30-40 worth of sushi in one sitting.

Fountain Coke - If you can find an old drugstore that makes fountain coke the old fashioned way, by all means pay them a visit. Makes bottled and canned sodas taste like crap.

My Mom's cubed steak and gravy - She tenderizes the steak so much it practically melts in your mouth. And the gravy? So good you'll think you've died and gone to heaven.

Hamburgers - It's hard to beat a good hamburger. Make it a little pink inside with a side of fries.

Chinese food - The spicier the better. General Tso chicken is my favorite.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I love me some:

-ribeye steaks-medium rare, washed down with an ice cold beer in a frozen glass.

-Fresh Gulf of Mexico seafood, oysters on the half shell, baked or raw.

-slow smoked pork ribs and Boston Butt pulled pork.

-ice cold beer, tanquerey & tonics, dry martinis, and ice cold straight shots of Grey Goose.

-homemade super-premium ice cream I just learned to make, thanks to Alton Brown.

-my Mother's homemade cheesecake

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

1 cup heavy cream, 3 cups half & half and eight egg yolks :eek: per quart. Best ice cream I've ever tasted and I made it myself. Churn, baby, churn!

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

You've got that right....I'll never buy ice cream again. This stuff is better than anything you can get at the supermarket. I've made the mint chocolate chip, vanilla, chocolate and went out on my own and made some pineapple.

The key indeed is the 8 egg yolks whisked with 9 oz of suger...that custard absolutely makes the goodness.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Try adding 1 heaping tablespoon of instant coffee or espresso to the vanilla mix. Best coffee ice cream I've ever had. I've made the vanilla, the chocolate (heaven on a spoon) and the coffee, plus his banana ice cream recipe from Going Bananas (not as many egg yolks in this).

Note: Before anyone starts getting the urge to play Food Police, the egg yolks are tempered and cooked to 160 degrees, which kills all manner of beasties that might be hanging around. The days of me eating raw eggs went out with Rocky II.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
1- Steamed Blue Crabs - Baltimore style with Old Bay.
2- Oddly enough - Figgy Pudding, the real thing with the hard sauce. Thats some good shizzle!
3-Chili Dogs - with grated cheddar and raw onions
4-Beef on Wick - that's a roast beef sandwich on a Kimmelweck which are German Kaiser Buns a roll that has salt crystals and caraway seeds and is really just the best. Sort of a regional thing from Buffalo.
5-Pork Tamales - mmmmm
6-beef fajitas made with claude's fajita sauce
7- chocolate covered potato chips - used to get these from certain candy stores that I can't remember the name of up in the MN, ND area - awesome!!
8- coffee ice cream (gonna hafta try the above suggestion for homemade)
9- german food but specifically jagerschnitzel with Bratkartoflen (sp?)mmmmm
10- german beer, specifically Jever

I may add some more later - this is fun.

Chris

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Jeff,

Thanks for the pointer to the ice cream!! Alton Brown rules.

I have that exact ice cream maker as well!!

Chris

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG,

I had to edit the link, I gave you the link for the first episode with the non-super-premium by mistake.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Jeff,

tell me about that Cuisinart, I'm using a cheap basic ice cream maker...though it does work well.

Does that contraption of yours require ice and rock salt?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Nope, that's the beauty of it. This type (I think Krups makes one too) uses a bowl that has a sealed hollow area between the inside and the outside (like a thermos) that is filled with a special liquid. After you freeze it for around 12-24 hours, you pop it in the machine and the liquid acts just like ice and rock salt, except a lot less messy and it doesn't melt as fast. Plus no cranking.

P.S. I just keep mine in the freezer at all time so it's always ready to make a batch.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The simple things in life:

1. chicken in white sauce with mashed potatoes (yes, I know it's bland)

2. proper rice pudding with sultanas and cinnamon

3. grape flavoured Kool Aid (over here in the UK anything grape flavoured is exotic; Brits generally hate it for some reason)

4. marrons glaces

5. cherries (fresh or poached in red wine)

6. good quality fish and chips (sorry guys, you can't get them outside the UK)

7. draught Thwaite's mild (a very dark beer - again, only in the UK)

8. bagels with melted cheese and Marmite filling

9. a proper home made trifle

10. sponge pudding

11. Gruyere de Comte (no other gruyere comes close)

12. Marks and Spencer fruit gums

13. pea and ham soup

14. spaghetti carbonara

15. parma ham (especially with cream cheese)

Must stop, am feeling hungry ...

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Nope, most certainly grape. I distinctly remember my mother wouldn't let it in the house after that incident and Kool-Aid even thought of pulling the flavor. We still refer to any cult like behavior as "drinking the grape Kool-Aid" in my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks