What's new

What are some of the best looking 5.1 speakers? (1 Viewer)

Steve Vinson

Auditioning
I've got one that has not been mentioned yet: Soundline Audio. They use the B/G ribbons, and in my opinion, make them look even better. You can find them at:
Link Removed
They are direct-order, and little known. John Kotches of "Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity" (an online review site) bought some after his review
Link Removed
Definitely worth considering.
Steve Vinson

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Hmmm... Well, I had originally thought I would have to break the bank on a set of Martin Logans. But, after taking a look at the Polk LSi15s, I think I'm going to go that route instead. Thanks for a great thread everyone!

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Wilson Benesch are definitely good quality speakers. While I haven't heard B&W's Nautilus line, I've had the pleasure of auditioning a pair of Wilson Benesch's in a showroom before, and it was the first time I've even heard of the name. It was driven by tube electronics(Jolida IIRC), and the sound was just phenomenal. The speakers literally disappeared, and the soundstage, imaging, clarity, everything was pinpoint accurate. Its still one of the best speakers, if not the best, I've heard so far in my life, but admittedly I've not heard a lot of esoteric high end speakers...

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
g_blue.jpg

how does this one sound? it is beautiful, and expensive. i really want to hear it.

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
i heard the revel gems a few times and they are fantastic speakers and expensive too.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Personally I liked the looks of the nOrhs. IMO, the wood looks far superior to the ceramic. (Own both wood 5.1s and ceramic 4.0s.)

About as good as it gets for $2K (again, IMO):

nOrh SM 6.9 video package - $1,500 (shipping included)

SVS 25-31PCi - $499 plus shipping

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
The little blue speakers that you see on Friends are made by blueroom. They are called minipods, and they actually sound very good considering that theyre made out of plastic and only cost about $325 a pair. Very very good speakers for the money, and they are definately conversation pieces. In terms of the best looking speakers, you should also check out the AVF302 by Celestion, and the Avant Garde lineup, as well as new line of Dynaudios.

Nick V

Second Unit
I second the Infinity's. I really enjoy the looks of the Intermezzo's and the Prelude MTS'.
Too bad I can't quite afford them.:angry:

Keir H

Second Unit
Anyone mention the Sonas Faber setup (5.1 w/ REL sub) that's in HTM this month? Very very nice..

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
The PSBs are nice looking speakers, but I wouldn't say they are the best. They look pretty good though, and really good and elegant for the price...much nicer than Paradigm's Reference Studio series IMHO.

Michael Marklund

Stunt Coordinator
Since the Polk LSi's and and NHT's got mentioned and are popular try these from Audes:
www.audes.ee/new/frames.htm Click on loudspeakers then click on the Blues.
Very similar appearance (tall,slender, side firing woofer) and I think they run about $2k at MSRP.
The Martin Logans are too high for your budget. The Aeon (current generation, bottom of the line) are $1500 each, the Script rears are $1500/pair, Cinema center is $1300 and don't ask about their sub price. The Aerius (previous generation technology, bottom of the line) is slightly more affordable, but the whole package is too high.
The Revel Gems posted about in the thread are awesome looking, sounding and cost a fortune. Mains with stands in a cool finish are $7-10k. Gorgeous though.
Best of luck,
MM

Chip E

Screenwriter
"much nicer than Paradigm's Reference Studio series IMHO."

I totally agree with you..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks