What's new

What are some good, not too expensive sunglasses for driving? (1 Viewer)

Todd Calhoun

Agent
I need to get some new sunglasses for when I'm driving around town. I don't feel compelled to spend a fortune, but I'd like something that is a little stylish.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Black Flys are reasonable in price for their simple nylon, usually 49.95-59.95 for like the Sonic Fly's below:

I have never found a style that I thought looks good. I know they are supposed to be great glasses but my grandpa wears 'em

You want dirt cheap, Venice Beach boardwalk...all shapes and sizes

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan of the raybans because the majority of them use B&L glass lenses.

Go to a sunglass hut or similar ripoff place and try some on to figure out what you like, then order them online for half as much :emoji_thumbsup:

I've been wearing a pair of rayban orbs titanium glasses for something like 5 years now. Think I paid under $100 shipped for them.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I had a $75 pair of Ray*Bans I used to wear. But I left them in my car and got a ride with someone else and forgot them, so I went to the knock-off sunglass provider in the mall and bought 2 pair or generics for $13. And damned if they aren't more comfortable than the name-brand ones they replaced. Had 'em for four years now.

Except for motorcycling. I bought a pair just for that which have specially sealed foam parts to keep the wind from drying-out my contatct lenses. I'm not sure of the manufacture but they sell them at most every motorcycle store for about $20

Elinor

Supporting Actor
>"I have never found a style that I thought looks good. I know they are supposed to be great glasses but my grandpa wears 'em"

And a smart man he is :)

I rec'd them for the same reason Phil G did. They are optical glass ... likewise the Serengetis I have.

I really don't care much about looking cool.

I just AM cool.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I loved my old pair of Serengeti's, unfortunately so did my dog when she was a pup.:frowning: I picked up a pair of Maui Jim's for pretty cheap off of eBay which I also really like a lot. The rose colored lenses of both are fantastic.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty much locked into Oakleys anymore.

They fit perfect. The others don't. But buy them online or know a policeman. They have atleast a 50% markup.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Hey, "Flys" aren't junk. My job, I can't wear glass. So I alternate between my Sonics amd Black Fly Safety glasses.

Sonic Fly: Nylon frame with precision milled hinges and self-locking screws. Distortion free impact proof polycarbonate lenses, 100% UVA and UVB protection to provide superior protection from the suns Ultraviolet radiation. All of our lenses reduce infrared and blue light with no color distortion.

Elinor, and I look "cool."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks