What's new

What are some good movies/CD's to put my subwoofer through it's paces. (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I will hopefully be receiving it tomorrow so as soon as I calibrate it with Avia I want to hear that baby in action. Right now I only have a short list of DVD's that I own. I will definitely check out the Matrix and Jurassic Park but are there any others I can rent?

JohnN

Agent
Here is a list of dvds:
Aliens
Antz
Apollo 13
Backdraft
Blade
Contact
Das Boot
Fight Club
The Haunting
The Iron Giant
Independence Day
Ronin
U-571
There is a more complete list with movie names, times, frequencies, and charts on the SVS site below:
(just page down to near the end of this faq page)
Link Removed
This site lists music cds with good bass as well.
Enjoy.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Definately Fast and the Furious, but add Mummy Returns, Twister, and Lost World:JP2. Pearl Harbor and Phantom Menace will knock the crap out of your sub too, so don't get those two if your sub doesn't go that low...;)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Maddona's EROTICA CD is so bassey. If you adjust so that disc isn't overly boomy, you're getting into the ballpark. I also like the crash landing of Starship Enterprise in STAR TREK GENERATIONS as the ship slides along the ground for about 20 kilometers. Do an A-B repeat on that and adjust....Best wishes!

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
probably on the top 10 list of most frequented questions :).
If you do a search in both the hardware section and software section you should be able to pull up dozens and dozens of titles..
If I remember correctly I think www.dolby.com had a bunch of titles listed....though, being that Im at work I dont have the direct link handy...
Good luck in your searches...
Some quick ones off the top of my head in case you didnt feel like searching farther.
-Jurassic Park 3
-Nosferatu (Red tinted cover)(when the pipe organ music
plays it does well at demonstrating low frequencies)
-midnight in the garden of good and evil...Pipe organ sequences (if memory serves)
-air force one
-Avia (sorry had to ;) )
-Die Hard
-Saving PRivate Ryan (DTS)
-fight club
-final fantasy
-independence day
-Jurassic Park re-release (DTS)
-the Matrix
-the Patriot
-Predator (certain scenes like Venturas mini gun)
-the Rock (Criterion Collection)
-Toy Story 2
Thats my .02 of a dollar
-D
Good luck!
-

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Thx guys. I know that gets posted every month but I was at work and couldn't take the time to search.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks