What are some good GameCube FPS?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_S_H, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I'm nearing the end of Metroid Prime and enjoying it dearly, but now it's time to start thinking about my next FPS. I'm not interested in the Red Faction games, but there has to be some other good ones. The ones I saw at Fry's were Time Splitters 2 and Medal of Honor.

One thing I would prefer over Metroid is dedicated strafing. MP is a great game, but it gets annoying that I can't strafe when I want to. Also, better freelook would be a plus. I'm not sure how Metroid could have been done different with the amount of buttons the control has, but I come from PC FPSs, and it just didn't work as well here.

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Medal of Honor is excellent. I wholeheartely agree with you assessment of Metroid Prime. Time Splitters 2 has some quirks to the control scheme, so I would suggest renting first.

-Dave

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Renting! Because I'm new to console gaming after about a decade, I forget about that avenue. I'll definitely give Timesplitters a rent. I'll probably just go ahead and pick up Medal of Honor when I can, because I have long wanted the PC version but passed because my computer is getting too old to handle it. I'm impressed and surprised by the GameCube's ability to handle Metroid Prime without a hitch.

How is 007: Nightfire?

4. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Nightfire is awesome IMHO. I rented Timesplitters 2 and was not impressed. For a one player experience, Timesplitters seemed way superior but to my friends and I, we much preferred Nightfire to TS2 for multiplayer. Either way atleast give Nightfire a rent, it's a very good game.