What's new

What are some good Dreamcast games (1 Viewer)

Stefan A

Second Unit
My wife just bought a dreamcast from ebay because she just had to have this southpark game. The playstation version wasn't good enough.

Anyway, now that we have it, I would like to know what the good games are. Any genre will be fine.

Thanks
Stefan

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Depends on the genres you like. DC is good for 2D fighting games!

2D shooter:
Ikaruga import (very user friendly, many menus in english)

2D fighting: Marvel vs Capcom 1&2, Last Blade 2

3D fighting: SoulCalibur (hell yeah, still looks better than most PS2 games!)

RPG: Skies of Arcadia (if you don't have a GC)
Grandia 2 (the PS2 port is really flakey from all accounts)

Worms, Worms Armegeddon are good party games.

I, uh, ahem, recommend a visit to DCemulation.com. Lots of great emulators for DC!

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I recommend speed devils, its a great racing game and it pretty fun. If you want a laugh fur fighters is decent too.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hydro Thunder is still my favorite. Good ol arcade fun, and it gets pretty challenging towards the end.

Soul Calibur gets another vote, great graphics for it's time.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
The Dreamcast will probably always be my favorite system, it had an outrageous good game to bad game ratio and the most original concepts for games of any new system.

Pick up:

Seaman (with the microphone). Conversing with a fish on a daily basis as a game? Yes.

Samba De Amigo (with the Maracas). Pick up and play fun for anyone.

AAA games that originated on the Dreamcast and play the best there: Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sega Bass Fishing and Marine Fishing (with fishing controller), Jet Grind Radio, Space Channel 5, Virtual On, F355 Challenge, 18 Wheeler, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 3 TB, Sega Rally 2, Sega GT, Chu Chu Rocket.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Another great DC game that hasn't been mentioned is Toy Commander. I had lots of fun with that one.

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
My fav. Skies of Arcadia although it's also on GC. Try some emulation and homebrew stuff from dcemulation.com

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Another vote for Soul Calibur, Chu Chu Rocket, and Crazy Taxi (and the sequel). I'll also throw in a recommendation for San Francisco Rush 2049, which is still my arcade racer of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C2evo22
Recent bookmarks