What's new

What are some good banana plugs? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Good banana plugs? Are radio shack banana plugs ok? I have 5 way binding posts on my PSB's and on my receiver.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I use the Radio Shack banana plugs. They are very good, as far as I am concerned. At $5 USD per pair, you can't go wrong.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Which model number? Check out the Radio Shack.ca website. It doesn't have the 278-306 ones!

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
MarkS,
Why do you keep pushing these Knuconcepts products? Are you
getting a kick back from the guy? Or ARE you the guy selling
them?
I think you honestly need to look at the entire line of RS
Banana's before you deem the Knu Banana's to be better.
And to be honest I think RS has some better models than the
ones your in love with. That's just my opinion..
Want the best Banana in the world? Just go to www.wbtusa.com
and take your Visa because at WBT they don't take American
Express.. (LOL that's a joke, they don't actualy sell direct) :D

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I bought a bunch of cheap Radio Shack ones. The onyl ones they had were 274-721 (up here in Canada). Taking them back because they are tiny. I couldn't tell from looking at them. I thought they might be big enough, but when I took them apart, they look like they are made for 22 gauge speaker wire! oh well. I'll check again for some other ones.

Does the Future Shop carry banana plugs? I might check into the Ultra-link ones.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
Chris PC: If you do find some decent banana plugs at either place, could you let me know which ones they were? I've been looking around a little bit, but haven't really found any that I'd really want to get. I'm trying to fit some 12gauge wire, are you aiming for the same?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I would like banana plugs that fit 14 to 10 gauge wire. Right now I am using 12 gauge wire, but I may use up to 10 gauge in the future. I'll let you know what I find.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I really like RadioShacks dual banana plugs. Part number 278-308. They are virtually identical to the second link that Brian Schucher posted. If you are buying something from Parts Express anyway, I would pick those. I think shipping on them would push their price alone a little higher than radioshacks ($5.99) so perhaps best to buy 1) In bulk or 2) with other needed items.

Dan Hine

MarkS

Agent
Brett -

I call them as I see them.

$8 for 2 pairs that can handle 8-gauge cable is a bargain.

I don't profess to know every banana plug manufactured, but I have seen my fair share from Radio Shack, Parts Express, MCM Electronics, KnuKonceptz, Onecall, Hifi.com among many others.

I made the mistake of AR banana plugs based upon someone elses recommendation. Caveat Emptor.

The beauty of this forum is that everyone is entitled to their opinion and freedom to share that opinion. No one is obligated to take my advice (also, I am not affiliated with KnuKonceptz)...

-mbs

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Mark,

I was just asking because IMHO Radioshack offers some great

Banana's. Granted none that accept 8 Gauge wire.. If you

feel the compulsive need to use 8awg then I guess Knu is one

of your only choices. Even WBT only supports up to 10awg if

I remember correctly.

At any rate.. The RS Banana's work great on 12awg and for

the money.. But for me, My final set of cables will wear

nothing but the best.. WBT

MarkS

Agent
Brett -

RS makes great stuff for the money - most of it is RCA brand. I have RCA brand connect cables for most of my analog stuff - no complaints.

I fully understand your passion and brand loyalty. You love AR speakers/RS connectors/SoundKing Cable and I respect that. I own B&W speakers, etc, etc...to each his/her own!

Sorry Chris for cluttering your thread - stepping off my soap box. Brett we can continue this via email...

-mbs

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Feel free to chatter in this thread, but which Radio Shack banana plugs via the CANADIAN Radio Shack should I buy?

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I bought a couple of RS model 278-308A (the dual banana plug). Without starting a flame war on which plug is best, I'd like to hear people's opinions on why one banana plug is better than another. What would do this - gold plating, more secure connection, better-quality parts, etc.?
Looking forward to your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks