What's new

What are some careers that let me carry a breifcase and wear a suit and tie? (1 Viewer)

eric holm

Stunt Coordinator
As stated before, tailoring goes a long way. Also, spending $$ to get better material makes a huge difference.

While I'm not going to sit here and argue about the comfort of ties (I will say that getting a shirt with the correct neck size is of paramount importance in this whole process) some of the most comfortable (public) clothing I own involve my suits.

Most comfortable pair of shoes for me: A nice pair of Allen Edmunds

Most comfortable long pants: A pair of linen slacks from a local tailer. Way more comfortable than dockers or jeans (IMO)

To repeat the point, off-the-rack may suck but that doesn't mean that all suits have to be uncomfortable.

Stacie

Stunt Coordinator
My brother-in-law is a security (not securities) exec at a large insurance company. He wears suit and tie to work five days a week.
A good friend of mine spent a few years as a bookkeeper at a small community bank. Suits and ties every day for the men, and skirts, nylons, and no open-toe shoes for women. Very formal.
But then, my sister-in-law is an attorney who does complex litigation. She never wears a suit unless she has to go to court (rarely).
Guys who complain about different dress code standards for women should try dealing with pantyhose every day for a month.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks