What's new

What are my options (1 Viewer)

David_

Auditioning
Just bought a new house that has built in's in the family room. The only thing is, the TV opening is very small. The opening is 32 wide, 24.5 top to bottom and only 30 deep.

We watch most of our tv in this room because of the location in thehouse.

It is a small room but the tv i have in there now, I have had for 12 years. I am ready for a new one.

I would love to get a 42 or 50 plasma but how would I fit it. I was thinking of getting a extension mount that would span the 30 deep distance. It would look weird because of the detail molding around the opening but I dont know of any other option.

I dont think ripping all the built in's out is a option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
You may be able to take out the trim around the opening. That should be farily simple. Then I'm sure there is some sort of mount you can put over the opening, and then put new trim around that if you wanted. Personally though..I would consider making the opening bigger. You will love the look. But, I can understand if you don't want to.

Don

chuckg

Supporting Actor
That is a head scratcher. Perhaps if we saw how the built-ins were built, something would come to mind.

The only options I cna think of now are:

1) put a wood panel inthe opening, and attach the flat panel to it

2) find a way to enlarge the space for the TV - perhaps by removing other shelving or cabintes. That might still look odd to have a flat panel deep in a hole. It would tend to cut donw on glare, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks