What's new

What are internal differences between current Pioneer HDTV and Elite model? (1 Viewer)

claud whitener111

Auditioning
I just bought a 520 Elite to be delivered tuesday. At lunch yesterday another HT member told me that the only difference between my Elite and the regular Pioneer is the nicer cabinet. He was told this when he worked at CES this month. Is there an ISF or other Tech that knowes if they are the same internally/performancewise ? It wouldn't surprise me if the standard Pioneer underneath was the old 510, and the 520 had newer and better innerds. I sure hope I didn't just pay for cosmetics, but wouldn't be surprised.

HankM

Second Unit
My ISF tech told me that the Elite's are AWESOME, better than standard Pioneer. The main difference is the line doubler and the Elite's track better grey scale. I own a Mitsubishi 46805, I would love to own an Elite. You made a fine choice:emoji_thumbsup:

Don K

Agent
Claude you guessed right. My Pioneer dealer told me that the new standard Pioneer is the old 510 with the new 520 getting better upgrades. He was told this by the Pioneer factory rep.

Ben Carlson

Auditioning
I was told by the elite guys at CES 2001 that the internal components that they use on the elites are the premium parts that are checked over by Pioneer techs. Like on some luxury cars that have lower end counterparts, they choose the higher quality but same parts on the premium models. Or like the ES line of Sony, they have the same parts, but the better ones off the line get to be ES models. Does this make sense???

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I've been told that the Elite's have higher quality screens that Pioneer's regular offering. That was just from a salesguy, so don't take it as gospel. :) It would make sense though...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks