What annoys you?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Alf S, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    I can't say that I have that problem, as it is very rare these days for anyone else to touch my Laptop, and they are not the sort to touch my non touch screen, anyhow. That would annoy me, by the way!

On the other hand, I am annoyed over the losing battle that's associated with getting fingerprints, or any other similar manner of imprints on touch screen devices! :P

Ah well, first world problems!

CHEERS! :)

Stan likes this.
  2. Nerio

Nerio Auditioning

Nerio
    Loud noises in the street at night, when I sleep.

Stan likes this.
  3. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Those damn videos that play automatically when a browser page is opened. Very irritating.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Yesterday, traveling in the middle lane of a three-lane road, the person in front of me came to a complete stop at a GREEN LIGHT. And it hadn't just turned green, either.

Ramming speed. . .

5. bmasters9

bmasters9 Screenwriter

Ben Masters
    I dislike admitting it, but I have always felt and will always feel the same way about Bill O'Reilly on FOX "News" and that O'Reilly Factor show. Granted, it's an opinion show, but Bill O'Reilly to me is what Wolf Blitzer is to you.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Bill O'Reilly is a commentator whose job is to give his opinions on stuff. Wolf Blitzer is a journalist who's ostensibly reporting news, not commenting on it.

bmasters9 likes this.
  7. bmasters9

bmasters9 Screenwriter

Ben Masters
    Got ya! Didn't know the difference, but now I know.

8. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Right?! A few years ago I was driving behind a guy. The light was, like, two blocks away and was green. The guy began applying his breaks two blocks out, gradually slowing down until, by the time we reached the light it was now red. WTF? If he had just maintained speed we would have made it easily.

People driving down the middle of the road in my subdivision has been annoying me lately. I nearly hit a guy last week because there was a curve in the road and he was driving in the middle, and driving too fast. He flies around the bend and there I am. He had to swerve to avoid me.

And what's with when making a left turn people turn their wheel to the right first before turning to the left (and vice versa). This happened to me yesterday. Guy was turning left from a left turn only lane, but steered out into the traffic lane before continuing his turn.

Ok, I'll stop now. :D

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    My uncle does this all the time, stopping for green lights. No explanation that I know of. I'm surprised he hasn't been rammed yet.

I don't get this, either. Unless you're actually driving a tractor-trailer truck, there's no reason to make "wide" turns.

10. 1830 Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  11. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

Man, it is hard to see that that panel van could pancake that car as badly as it did, especially considering the damage to the van. Seeing is believing though.

12. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Oh, I see that all the time. The difference in this case is that usually people don't come to a full stop unless the light actually changes. :)

13. TJPC

TJPC Screenwriter

Terry Carroll
    Just at the Outback Steak house tonight and as I left I saw one of my pet peeves. A man of about 25 or 26 was sawing his steak. His fork was jabbed into his steak upright with the left hand in the form of a fist with the thumb pointed upwards. His right hand then sawed away across the steak in front of him. He looked like a Boy Scout trying to make a fire with a stick and a bow.
    At another table was a 20 something woman eating with her mouth open at the same time. She must have found a piece she didn't like as she let it fall out of her mouth back on the plate.
    Doesn't anyone teach their children table manners at all anymore? I am not talking of instructions of when to curtsie, but the basics so other people around you don't feel sick or that they are witnessing a mastodon feast.

Martino and Johnny Angell like this.
  14. Stan

Stan Producer

That's why I refuse to go touch screen. Good old-fashioned laptop with a regular keyboard, touch-pad and a Blu-Ray player with an HDMI port, all the fancy new gizmos so I can watch movies on my HDTV, I'm happy. Even though it still has that sucky Windows 10 :(, it works.

I still email stuff to myself and keep it on the hard drive, even the old 1.44 floppies on my old Windows 98 PC, the humongous beige slab, but hey, it works and it's great for older games :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have a 21" monitor, really cool with black plastic, not the beige, generic computer look. great resolution, but CRT and weighs about 150 lbs. :D

Tony Bensley likes this.
  15. Stan

Stan Producer

One of the main reasons i love my house. We're residential, but a major arterial two blocks away.

Yet, due to one of those acoustic wonders, a very steep hill for about a block, so all the sound is dissipated or goes over our heads. The best thing the city did was re-do the bus routes. The bus used to drive up and down the street three houses away, along with all the assorted riff-raff, got moved about 15 years ago. Sounds kind of snobby, but it made a huge difference in the quality of the people living in the neighborhood.

I had wind chimes stolen, a waist high vase from Mexico my grandparents owned, filled with 150 lbs. of rocks, and still was stolen, along with all the rocks. Not a problem since the bus route moved.

So annoying because I knew who did it, but couldn't prove the little punk had the items. Thankfully the thugs left soon after and normal people moved in.

Total peace and quiet :)

Sticking with the thread, I think what annoys me most is how little some people care for and respect others, they're just out for themselves.

Part 2....

Friend and I are shopping today, heading home. A woman in a monster SUV decides to turn right, just in front of us, nobody in front of her, just finish the turn. Nope, she literally stops with 3/4 of the ass end of her SUV sticking out on one of the most traveled arterials in the city. She didn't stall, didn't get stuck, just brain dead and stops.

Five minutes later, the exact opposite, naturally another woman, runs a light, pulls out right in front of us, completely oblivious that there was other traffic. She wasn't even on a phone, just a typical woman driver, clueless.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  16. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    I'll tell you what annoys me...and I am not trying to be funny. It annoys me when I think of something that annoys me, but by the time I am at my computer to type it here, I have forgotten what it was that annoyed me.

17. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

That made me laugh. :)

18. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    That is funny because I have the same malady. My train of thought is so easily derailed.

Tony Bensley and bmasters9 like this.
  19. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Isn't it great when the assholes move away? The route I usually walk my dog is around a lake in my neighborhood. For several years I would frequently encounter smashed beer bottles in the middle of the sidewalk. Of course no one would ever clean that up (looking at you, people living on that street) so eventually I'd take a broom and dustpan with me to throw it away so the dogs (and kids) don't get cut. Last summer was the first summer I never encountered the broken bottles.

20. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Casual sexism grinds my gears.

Neil Middlemiss likes this.