What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
People using "ask" as a noun. I know it's technically correct, but it's suddenly gone from rare and infrequent to a daily thing in my life. Especially in business/work settings, for years now people have been using words that are more frequently verbs as nouns, and vice versa, to sound sophisticated.

Pretentious, even!!!

"Ask" seems to be the primary example du jour.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Better than hearing folks say "Let me AX you a question..."
That one drives me crazy. Along with people, well beyond the age range where it might be tolerable saying stuff like "my bad", even that phrase is so dated. <_< Okay, when you were 20, maybe all right, but you're 50 now, just stop.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just watched a huge variety of different news coverage over multiple networks and local channels, both from the USA and Canada. Whether man or woman, they all went on and on about their coverage of the "inogerration". What is going on?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I just watched a huge variety of different news coverage over multiple networks and local channels, both from the USA and Canada. Whether man or woman, they all went on and on about their coverage of the "inogerration". What is going on?

Reminds me of Bush always saying "nuke you ler" instead of "nuclear" :lol:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
In the last few weeks, I've been having repeated issues with annoying "Ad" pages popping up repeatedly on my Google Chrome Browser. Also, and almost certainly related is the redirecting of my helpful GC Extensions page to the pop up "Apps" page, which includes 4 Google related items, in the form of their respective symbols (IE: Gmail); plus the All Czech Search viral engine!

After two prior successful attempts to eradicate the above, at least temporarily, the latest round of Google Chrome uninstall/reinstall; running AVG and Malwarebytes has failed to fix the problem this time around. Out of sheer desperation, I downloaded a "recommended" Reimage Repair malware detector, which of course turned out to be a "we'll detect the problems, but you have to pay for us to fix them" type of deals. Disgusted, but not surprised, I then ran my Free Malwarebytes once again.

So far, it has picked up 142 Threats, with all but two of them connected with Reimage Repair! I am so sick and tired of these bloody goddamn bogus online repair programs, which anymore seem to be the first, and often ONLY options that come up in Google searches for solutions, these days! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
In the last few weeks, I've been having repeated issues with annoying "Ad" pages popping up repeatedly on my Google Chrome Browser. Also, and almost certainly related is the redirecting of my helpful GC Extensions page to the pop up "Apps" page, which includes 4 Google related items, in the form of their respective symbols (IE: Gmail); plus the All Czech Search viral engine!

After two prior successful attempts to eradicate the above, at least temporarily, the latest round of Google Chrome uninstall/reinstall; running AVG and Malwarebytes has failed to fix the problem this time around. Out of sheer desperation, I downloaded a "recommended" Reimage Repair malware detector, which of course turned out to be a "we'll detect the problems, but you have to pay for us to fix them" type of deals. Disgusted, but not surprised, I then ran my Free Malwarebytes once again.

So far, it has picked up 142 Threats, with all but two of them connected with Reimage Repair! I am so sick and tired of these bloody goddamn bogus online repair programs, which anymore seem to be the first, and often ONLY options that come up in Google searches for solutions, these days! :angry::angry::angry::angry:
Well, after numerous recent headaches with pop up issues, combined with the apparently unresolvable Extensions tab being redirected to the annoying viral "Apps" page, I've decided to give up Google Chrome - For now! In the space provided by Google Chrome after uninstalling of their program is performed, I basically stated that the GC programmers need to get their !@#$ together in devising a workable solution to the latest insidious attacks on their browser (I'm not presently experiencing this with any of the other ones that I currently use!)! I for one, am sick to the back teeth of feeling forced to resort to downloading so-called "solution" programs that almost never work, at least not without having to fork over $$, which I will NEVER do!

For now, Microsoft Edge is essentially taking Google Chrome's place, where I'm concerned!

CHEERS! :)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
How about this? I just bought the Blu ray of "Inferno" and attempted to open it, only to find the case had one of those pieces of plastic blocking the space on the edge where you put your two thumbs to split the case open. What is the purpose of this thing? It is only on some cases and has to be lifted each time to open it. I usually break them off, but then you have rough tabs of plastic scratching your thumbs each time!

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
How about this? I just bought the Blu ray of "Inferno" and attempted to open it, only to find the case had one of those pieces of plastic blocking the space on the edge where you put your two thumbs to split the case open. What is the purpose of this thing? It is only on some cases and has to be lifted each time to open it. I usually break them off, but then you have rough tabs of plastic scratching your thumbs each time!

When you have the case open, you can fold that tab inward and it should latch, keeping it more out of the way.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The double latches are what really annoy the heck out of me! Are the DVD/Blu-ray case manufacturers that worried the side snap mechanism won't be sufficient on its own? :rolleyes:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

I think your next annoyance will be watching the film...[emoji16]

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One post was just deleted for being political in nature. The next such incident will have harsher consequences!

4. No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF. However, there is a narrow exception to this rule. If the subject matter of a movie or television show includes politics and/or religion, then they may be discussed insofar as they pertain to that specific movie or television show. We stress, however, that such discussions are carefully monitored and will be moderated if it appears that any participant is using this narrow exception to introduce a broader political or religious discussion than is warranted by the movie or television show under discussion. Also, anyone who has not seen a particular movie or television show is disqualified from discussing its political and/or religious content under this rule.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I never "blind" buy, so I had seen this film in the theatre and although I did not think it was the best of the series, I enjoyed it enough to purchase it. You purposely missed my point to make a cheep joke.

I think your next annoyance will be watching the film...[emoji16]

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm annoyed that a movie I was planning on seeing tomorrow was pulled from the schedule but I guess that was a good thing. It's saving me from wasting money on a more than likely terrible movie.

Oh, and I received a refund on that T-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks