What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Wikipedia states "Luftballoons" was the popular version that went to #2 on the Billboard top 100 when it was released, and the American version didn't do near as well when it hit the radio.
Also the 1984 year end Casey Kasem American top 40 American had 99 Luftballoons as the popular version.

I'm wondering if in other parts of the country the American lyric did better?

Got to love the early 80's music scene. There was an onslaught of imports to America that quite frankly blew my mind as a youngster. from German bands, Dutch(Taco-Puttin on the Ritz) Australian(Men At Work). And more. And yes I did like "Rock Me Amadeus":rolleyes:

I grew up in the Deep South so the old folks considered it communist if it didn't have English lyrics.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Lately, Wegotmedia.co/Searchprivacy.co has been a huge PITA with my Google Chrome Browser! When it started popping up earlier today, I ended up doing the uninstall/reinstall GC dance for the second time in just slightly over a week (After performing the MalwareBytes/AVGscans!), ONLY for it to NOT work, this time around. In fact, it was much worse, with ONLY the aforementioned hijack pages showing up in my multiple tabs, when I clicked on the Restore Pages button; plus selecting Extensions merely brought up a few "Apps" instead of the actual Extensions listing! I finally ended up using a Google Chrome setup .exe file from last summer in order to get around the issue by installing a slightly older version of Google Chrome. Afterward, I found several involuntarily added Extensions, mostly with Google in their names (IE. Google Docs), all of which I deleted.

Just when I think that I've seen everything, new twists appear in infected malware!

Be careful out there!

CHEERS! :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When you're approaching a traffic light that's red, but you know should turn green any moment, but it stays red just long enough for force you to come to a complete stop. As soon as your car stops moving, it turns green.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
How about folks who race around you to get to the front of the traffic line, only to drive like a little old lady the minute the light turns green. OY!

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Annoying:

That HTF continues to allow folks to create an HTF account solely to make a quick buck off folks here, not to mention you have no idea how legit these folks are.

Example: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/digital-codes-for-sale.350836/

Scary part is how many HTF folks trip over themselves to give these strangers money so blindly.

How can you tell anyone is tripping over themselves in this case? Are you just going by the number of views? Or is it inside information?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
You see it happen on the NUMEROUS other sales threads all the time. Random sellers pop on to make a buck and you see all the posts soon after saying "PM sent!" "Money sent!" and similar.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Annoying.

Our crazy weather.

One minute we are shoving snow, and a couple of days later we can practically sunbath. And the cycle is repeating again this upcoming weekend/week....Ice now, then 70 in a couple of days. Crazy!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Annoying.

Our crazy weather.

One minute we are shoving snow, and a couple of days later we can practically sunbath. And the cycle is repeating again this upcoming weekend/week....Ice now, then 70 in a couple of days. Crazy!
Very annoying, I'm looking forward to some melting.

1° this morning, about two feet of snow on the ground. Finally the city has plowed most of the streets, of course they block in the driveways and alleys with these gigantic "berms". Got high centered on one yesterday, but it was amazing how many people stopped to help, easily 20 tried to help, then of course another 20 lookey lous who just stared and drove by.

Three guys were finally able to push me out onto a plowed area.

We're supposed to be in the '40s next week, so hopefully some melting will happen. I'm now parked on the street because I can't get into my driveway or alley right now.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
BBCA is showing old re-runs of Star Trek Next Gen and Voyager.

Next Gen is widescreen, letter-boxed, yet Voyager, although newer is window-boxed.

Never bought Voyager on DVD so was looking forward to these, but they mess it up. :(

With an old CRT, I can zoom in and get 4:3 with just a tiny trimming off the edge. My main HDTV has all kinds of settings, but shows far older than Voyager are much better looking.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I'm annoyed that the T-shirt I bought off Amazon doesn't look quite right . The circle and the lightning bolt are supposed to look like gold raised relief but instead orange and yellow with no blending.
100_9217.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X06ZUVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was supposed to look like the one in the link, I'm planning on returning it but my family likes it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Annoying.

Our crazy weather.

As a Michigan resident, I can tell you this winter is fucked up.
Snow and 18 degrees one day, a couple days later, bright , sunny and 46.

And the rain, sorry but this is Michigan we shouldn't be getting rain in mid-January.
I feel bad for the ice fisherman and snowmobile owners.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm annoyed that the T-shirt I bought off Amazon doesn't look quite right . The circle and the lightning bolt are supposed to look like gold raised relief but instead orange and yellow with no blending. View attachment 36026

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X06ZUVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was supposed to look like the one in the link, I'm planning on returning it but my family likes it.
I'm with your family, looks kind of cool to me :)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm annoyed that the T-shirt I bought off Amazon doesn't look quite right . The circle and the lightning bolt are supposed to look like gold raised relief but instead orange and yellow with no blending. View attachment 36026

That sux.

Hazards of buying a cheap Chinese knock off. Hope yours holds up better than the reviewer who said his logo flaked off after just a few washings.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That sux.

Hazards of buying a cheap Chinese knock off. Hope yours holds up better than the reviewer who said his logo flaked off after just a few washings.
Thought the shirt looked pretty decent at first. But if it's "Made in China", it's going to be crap,

Worked with Chinese people for about 20 years and to be polite, I have nothing positive to say about them. :(

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
That sux.

Thought the shirt looked pretty decent at first. But if it's "Made in China", it's going to be crap,

I don't think it's a knock-off, maybe just a printing error. I bought it through a seller with a 100% positive rating from over 10,000 people leaving feed back and the order was fulfilled by Amazon. One feedback said, "Arrived on time and as described, happily not one of the cheap foreign counterfeits. Thanks!" The shirt has a DC Comics Originals label, size and washing instructions printed clearly inside.

I have ordered at least 8 T-shirts off Amazon in the past year and this is the only one that looked bad. I always make sure that the person I'm buying from has a high rating. I never buy from new sellers, you never know what you'll get with them. The reviews listed under the shirt do not tell from whom the reviewer bought the shirt from. I shouldn't have any problems returning it.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Worked with Chinese people for about 20 years and to be polite, I have nothing positive to say about them. :(

As in:

- Chinese from mainland China?

- Folks from Taiwan or pre-1997 Hong Kong under British rule?

- Ethnic Chinese who were born and grew up in America?

- etc ...

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
One of my ex-wives was a somewhat unconventional "Chinese".

Her parents were white european, but she grew up in Hong Kong among the locals. She spoke fluent Chinese (mandarin and cantonese), and spoke English with a strong Hong Kong accent.

In spite of this, she was never considered a "real Chinese" by the locals where she grew up. (She had blonde hair and blue eyes and was caucasian).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
As in:

- Chinese from mainland China?

- Folks from Taiwan or pre-1997 Hong Kong under British rule?

- Ethnic Chinese who were born and grew up in America?

- etc ...
I know how rude that sounded, sorry. I have nothing against Chinese people, they're wonderful.

Probably more against Chinese businesses, which are probably no worse than American businesses. Anything for the almighty $.

Probably pushing the HTF boundaries here, so I have nothing further to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks