What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
We buy the best quality largest toaster ovens we can find. We use them for everything and rarely use the large oven except for turkey or baking deserts. I make perfect toast every morning with it.
I don't think I have owned a pop up toaster for 50 years.

It's been at least ten years since I used my large oven. Toaster oven takes care of everything, except of course toast. Kind of an odd title when it can't do half of what its name is :(

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
We got a toaster 12 years ago when we got married and it's been used maybe a dozen times. Same with our blender. Our oven, on the other hand, gets used at least once a week.

Tonight's annoyment is insomnia.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
As the weather cools down, thought some hot cereal would be good, so got lazy and bought some of those Quaker Oats instant oatmeal packs. Different flavors with dried raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, apricots, etc.

Total BS. The only fruit was apples, chopped, dehydrated, colored and flavored to look like the other fruits. Made the mistake of not reading the label, never again. Not that it matters, Quaker Oats is now off my list. Found a nice organic brand using steel cut oats a couple days later that had the real ingredients in it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow.

Maybe this toaster/toaster oven controversy needs its own thread! :D

No need to go that far :P

Once somebody recommends a really nice toaster, that can handle bagels, waffles, different sizes of bread, I promise not to bring it up again :wub:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
37a152734e515b023e31dfb787151a0c.jpg

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It's there now, maybe some delayed reaction with my browser. Dropped Firefox, back to MS Edge again :rolleyes:
In some ways, I'm quite annoyed by Firefox, the worst aspect being that once the amount of memory used gets to around 800 MB, scrolling down webpages becomes exceedingly slow and tedious. Its one redeeming feature is that I can close it out with "End Task" in Task Manager to memory dump it, and then restart my previous Firefox session with all Tabs intact.

As for MS Edge, I don't anticipate using that browser by choice anytime soon, since I didn't like the fact it seemed to crash at the proverbial drop of a hat! Of course, this is could be a "Your mileage may vary" proposition?

CHEERS! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Latest annoyance: The "faux robbery of the faux celebrity Kardashian".

Assuming it's even real, which I truly doubt, who the f**k cares. Yet it's still in the news, headlines everywhere. Maybe they weren't getting enough publicity and needed to get back in the spotlight.

I've never read a single article about it, the headlines on the web and on the tabloids in the check-out stand provide more than enough. They really need to go away. And whatever happened to that freak Caitlyn? I watched the first episode out of curiosity, absolutely hideous. Thank goodness that seems to have faded away.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm annoyed that I have to get up for work in seven hours and I'm wide awake. Couldn't keep my eyes open this afternoon but I didn't nap so I would be able to sleep tonight. No caffeine since I had a cup of coffee when I got up at five this morning and as soon as I laid down in bed, my mind turned up to eleven.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Annoying:

Companies that don't make it simple to "unsubscribe" from emails.

Most companies seem to have it figured out, get an email I no longer want to be a part of, click "Unsubscribe" and it says basically, You are unsubscribed. But there are some that when you click unsubscribe, it takes you to a webpage and asks you to log in to some ancient account I haven't used in forever, or other hoops to jump through.

Please, just make the process one click and done folks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And, of course, that's just the legit companies who don't make it easy.

Try to "unsubscribe" from a spam e-mail and it just lets them know that you are opening/reading the e-mails and ends up subscribing you to more! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks