What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll tell ya what's annoying! :angry:

Members that go in for back surgery on Tuesday and then return to the forum on Friday and post as if nothing happened! :P

Welcome back, Stan!

Everything went okay?!? :D I've been on pins and needles.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'll tell ya what's annoying! :angry:

Members that go in for back surgery on Tuesday and then return to the forum on Friday and post as if nothing happened! :P

Welcome back, Stan!

Everything went okay?!? :D I've been on pins and needles.
I've been hesitant to post, but here goes...

All prepped, had to wash my entire body with these special wipes (nicely warmed up in some little oven), totally naked, put on the goofy, dignified, butt hanging out the back, gown. Starving, dying of thirst.

Surgery was supposed to be 8:30, then moved to 10:30, then bumped to 11:45, so I'm laying there for hours, thankfully brought a book.

Doctors were apparently having a little meeting about me, finally the surgeon steps in and they cancel it. They didn't like my platelet level from the blood work. Ugh.... I've had low platelets forever, never been a problem, but they only had access to records going back two years so don't want to risk it. I've had two shoulder surgeries, two on my knee and my appendix out. Lived through all of them.

Anyhow, have to see my regular PCP on Tuesday. It was supposed to be to remove the stitches from this surgery. Now it will be to discuss platelets. Maybe he can convince them it will be fine.

For now, the saga continues...

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I've been hesitant to post, but here goes...

All prepped, had to wash my entire body with these special wipes (nicely warmed up in some little oven), totally naked, put on the goofy, dignified, butt hanging out the back, gown. Starving, dying of thirst.

Surgery was supposed to be 8:30, then moved to 10:30, then bumped to 11:45, so I'm laying there for hours, thankfully brought a book.

Doctors were apparently having a little meeting about me, finally the surgeon steps in and they cancel it. They didn't like my platelet level from the blood work. Ugh.... I've had low platelets forever, never been a problem, but they only had access to records going back two years so don't want to risk it. I've had two shoulder surgeries, two on my knee and my appendix out. Lived through all of them.

Anyhow, have to see my regular PCP on Tuesday. It was supposed to be to remove the stitches from this surgery. Now it will be to discuss platelets. Maybe he can convince them it will be fine.

For now, the saga continues...
That's too bad, Stan! You'd think they would have covered your low platelet levels with the massive amount of pre setup you were put through. The Hospital couldn't gain access to your 2+ year old medical records? That sounds like ridiculous confidentiality laws run amok, although I suppose other factors might have been at play.

Anyway, hopefully your PCP can help you in getting this sorted out in short order. All the best!

Tony

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That's too bad, Stan! You'd think they would have covered your low platelet levels with the massive amount of pre setup you were put through. The Hospital couldn't gain access to your 2+ year old medical records? That sounds like ridiculous confidentiality laws run amok, although I suppose other factors might have been at play.

Anyway, hopefully your PCP can help you in getting this sorted out in short order. All the best!

Tony
Major PITA. PCP doesn't have access to the hospital records, they don't have access to his. He's connected to a different hospital and they're like mortal enemies with the hospital the surgeon is with, although I needed a referral, which ironically came from my PCP. Everybody knows everybody, we're not that big of a city, but the behind the scenes corporate crap is hopeless.

I get an MRI every six months from another clinic/doctor, also a different system. Nobody talks to each other. It's really annoying. Everybody has to fax things back and forth, request different records, until they eventually all have the info.

You'd think fax machines would have faded away years ago, but nope. Ancient technology, still a major part of mainstream medical care :cool:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Major PITA. PCP doesn't have access to the hospital records, they don't have access to his. He's connected to a different hospital and they're like mortal enemies with the hospital the surgeon is with, although I needed a referral, which ironically came from my PCP. Everybody knows everybody, we're not that big of a city, but the behind the scenes corporate crap is hopeless.

I get an MRI every six months from another clinic/doctor, also a different system. Nobody talks to each other. It's really annoying. Everybody has to fax things back and forth, request different records, until they eventually all have the info.

You'd think fax machines would have faded away years ago, but nope. Ancient technology, still a major part of mainstream medical care :cool:
The excuse that's commonly used by Medical Facilities for not switching over to receiving things by email instead where we live, is that they're not considered "secure" enough!

Speaking of Fax Machines, just the other day, one number kept persistently (But mistakenly!) ringing us. After about a half dozen times, my wife and I just looked at each other and exclaimed "Stupid Fax Machine!" :P

One downside to modern technology (Which I think is fantastic, on the whole!) is the lost art of conversation.

CHEERS! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Okay, been bitchin' and moaning way to much recently, but here's another.

Just got an email from the hospital with my lab results. Email is fine, but right in the middle of the text next to the link to see the results...

Sorry your browser is not supported.

Okay. Tried MS Edge, IE and Firefox, all new versions. Do I have to get some weird, obscure browser from Antarctica? Or maybe Canada? :rolleyes:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Okay, been bitchin' and moaning way to much recently, but here's another.

Just got an email from the hospital with my lab results. Email is fine, but right in the middle of the text next to the link to see the results...

Sorry your browser is not supported.

Okay. Tried MS Edge, IE and Firefox, all new versions. Do I have to get some weird, obscure browser from Antarctica? Or maybe Canada? :rolleyes:
Have you tried Google Chrome, Stan?

Sorry, I can't think of any obscure Canadian browsers, except maybe these ;) :
shopping4.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried Google Chrome, Stan?

Sorry, I can't think of any obscure Canadian browsers, except maybe these ;) :
shopping4.jpg

I did use Chrome about a year ago, forget why I dropped it, totally spaced it out. Thanks for the reminder.

Nice photo, now I see why Canada completely owns the word "Loonies" :rolling-smiley:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
People who lack "line-awareness".
  • If you're the first person in line and things are stacking up behind you, there's no need to stand 12 feet back from the counter. Move forward. Make room.
  • If the line moves ahead of you, take a step forward to open up new space at the back. No one gets to stand in one place until it becomes their turn. Avoid letting the line spacing get too loose.
  • When things are busy, have your order figured out ahead of time instead of staring incessantly at your phone until the moment the annoyed cashier asks you for the third time, "May I help you?"
  • After placing your order, step aside, otherwise NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Now, back to waiting for my coffee to kick in...

And also, whenever you have the opportunity, always divide your lot from that of the next customer with a divider. Nothing would be more frustrating to me than to have the next customer's lot run into mine, or vice versa.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
And also, whenever you have the opportunity, always divide your lot from that of the next customer with a divider. Nothing would be more frustrating to me than to have the next customer's lot run into mine, or vice versa.

I'm awful, sorry. But I have never, ever touched one of those dividers. I just rely on the customer in front of me or behind me to do it. Do I have germs, is your stuff better than mine, OMG what if our groceries touch :P

Kind of a fascinating study in human behavior, I love to observe.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Got the call yesterday, All the docs discussed everything, and I'm fine, same platelet level for the last 20+ years. Now scheduled for November 3rd.

Supposed to go to Phoenix for a family Thanksgiving, they say I'll be fine within two weeks. Just call me Mr. Skeptical.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good news, Stan.

But a tough break that you've got to wait another month...especially since you were all scrubbed up and ready-to-go just a week or so ago.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Good news, Stan.

But a tough break that you've got to wait another month...especially since you were all scrubbed up and ready-to-go just a week or so ago.

I can't wait for this to end. Started in April, ER visit, pain meds, oral steroids (which made me vomit, ugh...), injected steroids in my spine, no help, and finally surgery which is now another month away. Everything is pre-approved with my insurance, but the surgeons schedule "elective" things like this way into the future.

Still really ticked off that they didn't look at my blood tests until the morning I show up, then "Oops, we don't like these numbers". But now, suddenly it's okay after they talked with my PCP. Oh well, another refill on pain meds Monday.

Just a quick ps. Go to Costco for any prescription you need. They sell them at cost and you don't even need to be a member. The price difference from "retail" pharmacies is astonishing.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Incredibly annoying...Myself. Being officially semi-retired, way to much free time and I'm constantly web surfing and obviously posting way to much on HTF. I'll try to behave more, but I'm polite and follow the rules. Still worry I'll be kicked off.

Then of course that annoying little alert bell. I dread opening the messages. Maybe just born with a guilty conscience, yet I always feel like "Oh no, who did I offend this time". Depending on what mood the mods are in today, this could possibly be my last post. But it's been fun.

You guys get the short version. I send emails to friends that might be several thousand words. I actually do have a life, but the ongoing spine surgery thing has limited things a lot. I'm catching up on loads of TV, checking out lots of the new start-up shows, and of course passing judgment. I know exactly what will live or die :dance:

"Designated Survivor" and "MacGyver" definite keepers. "Speechless" not a chance. "Notorious" is a maybe. Haven't watched "Westworld" yet, but I predict a winner.

"Criminal Minds" will turn out well now that Mr. Whiny Temper Tantrum has left and Paget Brewster is back. Kind of like when Mandy Patinkin left. Nobody really noticed and the show got better.:wub:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Then of course that annoying little alert bell. I dread opening the messages. Maybe just born with a guilty conscience

You can turn those off if they bug you. Just go to Alert Preferences in your profile and uncheck the boxes.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The fact that it's probably too late now to fill up my gas tank or get any more bottled water before Matthew hits. I just hope we have enough toilet paper!

Also the infinitesimal chance that my old generator would fire up at all even if I had any gas for it. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks