What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Oh yeah, and people who park facing the wrong way on the right side of the street, where's a cop when you need one? Oh yeah, shooting unarmed people who threaten the cop's life with a rock or a knife. I thought they became cops to put their life on the line for others but apparently it's just a license to kill, I mean, can't they at least wait until the perp actually threatens their life, not just when the cops think they are threatened? Who do they think they are, Han Solo? :P

OK, I guess that's another thing that annoys me...

Stan

Senior HTF Member
BarryR said:
What annoys me a lot are certain commercials that are repeated 5.6 million times per week. For two years. You can probably think of a few. Worse, they are sometimes repeated within the same program. What can this possibly do but alienate a potential customer?

:angry:
Totally agree with you. Thankfully I've got a Dish Network DVR and can zap through most of this crap. Even with the DVR, still get a second or two of some of this garbage, incredibly annoying.

The one I always seem to hit is some insurance company where they film with the Statue of Liberty in the background. They must pay some extra fee to always be placed where even with the fast-forward, a little bit of their ad shows up.

With most shows, hit the FF 6, 7, 8 times, depending on the network and you avoid all the garbage, but there are always a few seconds to get things back in synch, and that stupid Liberty ad always seems to appear.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
The gunk that builds up over time and clouds the little LCD screen on the inside of the handset on our kitchen cordless phone.

It takes a fingernail to scrape that shit off and then there's a bunch of "clean lines" criss-crossing the screen - and you can never get it out of the cracks and seams in the plastic...

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Might that gunk be makeup? Our phone screens and keypads are always covered with makeup that I have to clean almost daily from my wife and daughter.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
If I see one more over-hyped news story about Caitlyn Jenner again, I think I'm gonna puke. Enough already. I think the world has bigger issues to report about.

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Tony Bensley said:
Somebody posting something that they meant to be sarcastic or satirical (Though not obviously, so!), without using the appropriate emoticon! :P
How do you do emoticons on this site? I wanted to on my last post but all I could get was an old fashioned ;-)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Squire said:
How do you do emoticons on this site? I wanted to on my last post but all I could get was an old fashioned ;-)

Click on the emoticon at the top of the reply box (it's between the A and "My Media"). You'll get more choices, and even that group can be extended further.

:cool: :laugh: :excl:

Cees

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Cees Alons said:
Click on the emoticon at the top of the reply box (it's between the A and "My Media"). You'll get more choices, and even that group can be extended further.

Cees
:D I've been doing most of my posting from my phone and I don't seem to be able to do emoticons that way. No problem with the PC though! Thanks!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees Alons said:

Cees
peek.gif
And there are plenty of others out there on the interwebz for the taking...

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Alf S said:
If I see one more over-hyped news story about Caitlyn Jenner again, I think I'm gonna puke. Enough already. I think the world has bigger issues to report about.
Fame whores period! The Jenner/Kardashian clan are among the biggest offenders but the worst for me has to be Kate Gosslin! She would commit immoral acts on an entire sports team live on the air if that's what it took to keep her miserable face on TV!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony Bensley said:
Somebody posting something that they meant to be sarcastic or satirical (Though not obviously, so!), without using the appropriate emoticon! :P
Of course, the sequel to this is hard to find/impossible to implement emoticons! ;)

CHEERS! :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
In parking lots, people who have to back into their parking space.

It takes longer, and they seldom end up straight/centered in the space.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
The Today Show. The most useful content is delivered within the first 15 minutes. The rest of the first two hours are absolute mindless dreck. They have to say the word 'selfie" at least five times every half hour. They act like a selfie is the new young "in" thing - it's been around for quite a while, so give it a rest! It's sort of like watching your grandparents f i n a l l y getting on Facebook! The commercials are endless, and actual news stories are probably in the single digit percentage of the whole show. Their constant "what's trending" makes me want to puke. I've actually stopped watching, except for an occasional channel surf, but even then it's usually on commercial! :P What they need to do is stop putting the dusty old anchors in embarrassing situations, get some young people to host the show and be done with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks