What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Another workplace annoyance: The fact that no one wants to be the person who "finishes" any food or snack item brought in and left out to share, or any package of company-provided snacks.

The last donut and/or cake slice is repeatedly and ever more carefully sliced in half with the (supposed) thought that by doing so it will never actually reach zero.

Our company also stocks up on massive bags of M&Ms, Skittles, Swedish Fish, etc. from Costco. The other day, the HUGE bag of Swedish fish had 8, count 'em EIGHT! fish left. Just today, I poured the last 13 peanut M&Ms out of a 2 lb. bag.

Just finish them for cryin' out loud - hell, management won't get more until they're gone anyway.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Alf S said:
Must be rough!!! LOL

Yeah... first world problems... :)

My "complaints" come with tongue firmly in cheek. Working for a "hip" tech company has lots of perks. The workplace environment is quite unorthodox.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Kids who love to remove the covers for where the batteries go on remote controls. They do it so much, that I have to use tape to keep them closed.

Drivers who don't watch for Pedestrians when making turns, I've almost been run over about 5 times in the last two years.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Jason Charlton said:
Another workplace annoyance: The fact that no one wants to be the person who "finishes" any food or snack item brought in and left out to share, or any package of company-provided snacks.

I've been doing my part to prevent this!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Alf S said:
Annoying:

The whole media overkill of the former Bruce Jenner circus we have going on with every single news or "entertainment" website or radio/TV show.

I'm also sick of all the "Oh person "X" Tweeted something "offensive" about Miss Jenner!! FRY THEM!!! "

Glad Miss Jenner is happy but enough already. Sadly I'm sure it will spin into all kinds of book and TV deals we'll have to see plastered all over the place for the next year or more.

UGH!!!

Yes, it really is overkill, and yes we do get too offended way to easily. I've forgotten her new first name, but I do wish her a happy life...but enough already. it'd be better if there was more intelligent discussion of the issue in the media, but so little of it is.

Kevin Hewell said:
I could see that but at the same time I see cars who don't even see cyclists on the side of the road and nearly run them over. The roads are not only for automobiles.

Agree here too.

Some of my peeves are:

-Drivers who think bicycles don't have a right to be on the road (I don't ride a bicycle BTW).

-Drivers who park so carelessly that a space is unavailable or puts their car way to close to mine.

-Drivers who use disabled parking (with or without the sticker) who clearly are not disabled.

-Smokers who think they are being discriminated against. Back before smoking was banned from most public spaces, smokers didn't give a damn about my right to breathe uncontaminated air. It was their inalienable right to always smoke when and where they wanted. So now, I find I have little sympathy for their addiction problems.

-CNN's "Breaking News" banner being applied to news that's been out for hours. Jeez, when someone of note gets a hangnail it's "Breaking News."

-Autocorrect. Not because is gives me incorrect words and I don't catch it. Because I'm starting to forget how t spell because autocorrect does it for me.

The most important (to me) for last:

-People who don't spay or neuter their pets.

-People who dump their pets when they become inconvenient. I.E. they're getting old and need more vet care and $.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a quick reaction to a couple of the comments (not singling anyone out) about people using handicapped parking spots who obviously aren't handicapped.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of judging people (rightly or wrongly). But one thing I've learned recently is that often people who have handicapped tags to allow them to park close to a location might not be visibly handicapped but might, for example, have a breathing disorder which limits their ability to walk long distances...or be recovering from surgery. Things like that.

Now does that mean that everyone who uses handicapped spots needs them? Of course not.

And I still make judgments and draw conclusions when I see certain instances, too. It is just that in recent years, I've gotten this new perspective that it's not always "people in wheelchairs" who use/need handicapped spots.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I find this very annoying. At the gym, there are two drinking fountains together, one on the left at normal height and the one on the right which is lower to accommodate those who are handicapped. Inevitably, whenever I want a drink of water, someone is there using the left drinking fountain at the higher level to fill their water bottle. Why can't they use the fountain that's lower??!!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Mike Frezon said:
Just a quick reaction to a couple of the comments (not singling anyone out) about people using handicapped parking spots who obviously aren't handicapped.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of judging people (rightly or wrongly). But one thing I've learned recently is that often people who have handicapped tags to allow them to park close to a location might not be visibly handicapped but might, for example, have a breathing disorder which limits their ability to walk long distances...or be recovering from surgery. Things like that.

Now does that mean that everyone who uses handicapped spots needs them? Of course not.

And I still make judgments and draw conclusions when I see certain instances, too. It is just that in recent years, I've gotten this new perspective that it's not always "people in wheelchairs" who use/need handicapped spots.

It's difficult not to be cynical today.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Mike said, not all handicaps that warrant a handicapped parking tag are visible. My Mom has one due to her chronic back issues/pain from being involved in a couple of severe auto accidents in her lifetime. To look at her you'd never know, she can walk normally most of the time, but her Doctor deemed it severe enough to warrant issuing her a HC tag.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Johnny Angell said:
-Smokers who think they are being discriminated against. Back before smoking was banned from most public spaces, smokers didn't give a damn about my right to breathe uncontaminated air. It was their inalienable right to always smoke when and where they wanted. So now, I find I have little sympathy for their addiction problems.

I always seem to drive behind the ones who like to hold their cigarette out the window, so I can "enjoy" the cloud of smoke that for some reason they don't want inside their own cars.

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
The Green thing! I get it already!!! I don't need to be constantly reminded of it and flat out beaten over the head with it!!! I was onboard the first time back in the 70's and it's not my fault people didn't stick with it then! Can we just be responsible human beings without constantly having to remind each other to be?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Mike Frezon said:

Good point Mike.

My in-laws are perfect examples.....outward appearance would say, even though they are in the early-to-mid 70's, that they are both fit as a fiddle. Not overweight, seem to get around ok, etc. However, my mother-in-law is completely pacemaker dependent for her heart due to afib, is on large doses of blood thinners to keep things moving, and has had two TIA's (mini-strokes) in the past 2 years. My father-in-law has COPD, had a heart attack 10 years ago resulting in 3 stints, and has a replacement ankle joint in his left leg. Their handicapped tag, which they long refused to get, makes a huge difference in their quality of life in terms of running errands, going to the mall, grocery store, etc.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
What annoys me a lot are certain commercials that are repeated 5.6 million times per week. For two years. You can probably think of a few. Worse, they are sometimes repeated within the same program. What can this possibly do but alienate a potential customer?

:angry:

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
BarryR said:
I'll admit I haven't read every post here, but what annoys me a lot are certain commercials that are repeated 5.6 million times per week. You can probably think of a few. Worse, they are sometimes repeated within the same program. What can this possibly do but alienate a potential customer?

:angry:
Yes, and how can an insurance company that seems to spend billions every year on advertising possibly save anyone any money?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Squire said:
Yes, and how can an insurance company that seems to spend billions every year on advertising possibly save anyone any money?
Not to mention all the ads for prescription drugs that only serve to jack up the prices of those drugs to pay for all the advertising, and all the ads by lawyers encouraging you to sue the makers of every drug and medical device over the side effects even though the side effects are all publicized in advance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Clinton McClure said:
Cars driving 55mph in the fast lane. They all seem to have Oklahoma plates too.
Since I live in the state of "10 over is still the speed limit"...(back when limits went to 65, then 70, 26,000lbs had a 60, then 65, limit. State Troopers/Commercial Enforcement went on TV and flat out said..."go ahead and do 5-7 over...we won't care...10 over we'll decide case by case...")

I hate being behind Ohio and Wisconsin. Illinois drivers act like they've left a communist state and drive 15+ over. Michigan seem about the same as us.

What I abhor...

55mph limit on Illinois interstates when pulling a trailer. Last time I went west...I used US24 so I could do 60. Not kidding, set your cruise on 57 while on an interstate in Illinois...just have your wallet out already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks