What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don't people use the old technique? When someone is headed toward u with brights on, you flick yours on as well for a few seconds as well. That usually reminds them and they turn theirs down.
Sometimes you can't tell. LED headlamps on new cars are so ridiculously bright that I hesitate to flash someone, because they may not have their brights on

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I usually just flip my brights on and leave them on until the other car turns theirs down.

Some people also seem to have a hard time judging what is high and low. I sometimes have people flick their high beams at me when mine are on low.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That means you likely have those "white" LEDs (which, due to not being yellowish, suffer from appearing to be brighter and *do* frequently appear to be "high" beams because of that) and/or they are slightly misaligned.

I hate meeting anyone whose headlights are those "white" or "blue" LED style lamps. They always appear to be too bright. They're even worse when it's some truck/SUV as the headlights are *always* mounted too high and blind you when oncoming and if behind you light up the inside of the car like the sun's out - also blinding you. There should be a mandated uniform height for headlights no matter what type of vehicle you drive. Get those that are stupidly high (looking at *you* pickup/SUV drivers) back down to where they need to be so as to not blind everyone else.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Don't people use the old technique? When someone is headed toward u with brights on, you flick yours on as well for a few seconds as well. That usually reminds them and they turn theirs down.
When I'm the opposite direction sure. 95% of my night driving is on the highway. Cars behind me blinding the life out of me. Oddly enough they never pass me, just stay behind me, blinding me.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I always keep my brights on now until I see the other car dim their lights.

I got sick of being polite and putting my low beams on when the other car isn't even visible yet (It's not hard to not blind oncoming traffic when you can see headlights lighting up trees, power lines, and so on). Then they'd either not bother to dim or wait until I'd wonder why they even bothered.

This way I don't trigger some nutcase by flashing my brights at them and oncoming traffic I've noticed dims their lights much quicker than they used to now that they have an incentive. It did lead to a humorous encounter though.

An oncoming vehicle apparently sick of it just like I am finally dimmed their lights. My left hand was already ready to go and I almost immediately put my own dims on. As I did that, they flash their brights at me a second or so after my dims had turned on (they had only turned them off in order to flash them back on at me). I gave him a flick of my own brights and we both went on our way.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
People that drive like jerks or ride motorcycles like jerks. Basically people who run red lights, cut in and out of traffic, insist on cutting you off, motorcyclist that insist on cutting around everyone even going straight from the turn lane. People that do not merge but use the lane ending to pass people, driving in the emergency lane on the freeway ect.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
When I'm the opposite direction sure. 95% of my night driving is on the highway. Cars behind me blinding the life out of me. Oddly enough they never pass me, just stay behind me, blinding me.
Many cars have rear view mirrors which angle down a bit and filter the glare.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That means you likely have those "white" LEDs (which, due to not being yellowish, suffer from appearing to be brighter and *do* frequently appear to be "high" beams because of that) and/or they are slightly misaligned.
I don't think I do, as the light looks yellow to me from inside the car. It's a new-ish Honda CRV.

I'm also not a fan of the white/blue LEDs.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Many cars have rear view mirrors which angle down a bit and filter the glare.
I'm aware. I've tried adjusting my mirror, the bright light flooding my car is still annoying even when I'm not completely blinded by their stupidity. It also doesn't change the fact that the people doing it are inconsiderate creeps that have no respect for other drivers. I shouldn't have to adjust my rear view mirror at 75 MPH, it is a problem they are creating, that I have to deal with.
Hence-annoying.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My car has an "automatic" function that I use sometimes, that shifts the lights between bright/dim depending on what it sees from the windshield camera. Works pretty well.

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
I'll start.

Having just finished up a month of the most rain on record in our state and two days after all the rain stops, the lawn fertilizer company sprays our yard and the forecast for the next 7+ days is 100% SUN, not an ounce of rain to be found. So now I gotta dig out all the sprinklers to get the stuff soaked into the gras.

:(
What has annoyed me is the Kickstarter investments for classic films taking a long time to finish.One was 2 and a half now the creator has told us it is going to be released in the summer and that is a question mark.Another blu ray project project the same amount of time. This case it is being restored by only two people and one has become homeless ,the last I heard. They are not finished yet. In spite of this I hold on to my self to be patient. Before internet when I would orde products from the mail.,sometimes it would take up to two month in some cases. So I got to be patient.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When the weather radar is clear for your area, but it continues to snow steadily outside your window.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
People that drive like jerks or ride motorcycles like jerks. Basically people who run red lights, cut in and out of traffic, insist on cutting you off, motorcyclist that insist on cutting around everyone even going straight from the turn lane. People that do not merge but use the lane ending to pass people, driving in the emergency lane on the freeway ect.
This describes my drive down East Shelby Dr in Memphis every 👏🏻 single 👏🏻 day.

Half of the older wooden telephone poles have been mended with steel rods and bands (the other half are currently being replaced) because imbeciles in Mustangs and Challengers think Shelby is a drag strip and regularly run 100+ mph in traffic and regularly crash out, taking out poles, fences, other drivers, etc…

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm aware. I've tried adjusting my mirror, the bright light flooding my car is still annoying even when I'm not completely blinded by their stupidity. It also doesn't change the fact that the people doing it are inconsiderate creeps that have no respect for other drivers. I shouldn't have to adjust my rear view mirror at 75 MPH, it is a problem they are creating, that I have to deal with.
Hence-annoying.
That’s why all rear view mirrors have the little switch that immediately flips it to a downward angle. If you’re still getting blinded by lights after flipping the switch on the mirror, I’d start looking for someone in the back seat with a flashlight.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aren't auto dimming rear view mirrors standard equipment on cars now? My 2005 TSX has one. It is the side mirrors that cause a problem, since those do not automatically dim.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My 2018 Civic hatchback Sport has a manual adjust rear view. I had an OEM auto-dimming mirror on my 2000 Celica GTS and it never worked properly because I tinted the windows.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
The amazing amount of 3D hating trolls that show up on every single thread created by people that enjoy 3D theatrical showings, what's still left of 3D TV and just any discussion from those that enjoy 3D. It's actually truly sickening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks