What annoys you?

jcroy

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
jr
Trying to click on a link on a page, such as one of the recent replies on the front page of this forum, but the late loading ads keep pushing the links down further the page, right as I click on one of the links. Or at least I think I'm clicking on the link, but end up somewhere else.
I never really encounter this, since I use tons of junk blocking measures on my web browser + computer.

I should try reading some of my semi-regular websites without using any ad blockers.

jcroy

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
jr
Attempting to start a new HTF topic ends in failure/having to clear my cache EVERY time!
I encountered this too many times in the past on many different websites, that I now delete everything in the cache after I finish a netsurfing session.

Furthermore, I disabled the disc cache on my primary webbrowser. So all the "cacheing" is only done in the memory, except for really really huge files (such as downloads).

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
I never really encounter this, since I use tons of junk blocking measures on my web browser + computer.

I should try reading some of my semi-regular websites without using any ad blockers.
Don't. Or maybe do - once. I was shocked at all the extraneous crap on most sites when I worked on a system that didn't have junk blocking measures in place. It made me truly appreciate the work of the folks that keep the JAVA/Flash/etc. blockers working and updated.

Reactions: bmasters9

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
All of the touchy/feely ads now being run by the large companies, especially car makers, that "we're here for you" and "we're all in this together," like they actually give a crap. Wasting all this money on empty advertising when they could be donating it to their local hospitals, funding vaccine research, and buying supplies for medical professionals.

Just STFU.

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip

I normally have ad block on because there's some websites I go to that are completely unreadable without them. But there are certain features on HTF that don't work quite right when the ads are blocked, and they ask so nicely to be whitelisted.

And the issue here isn't ads per se, because it could be any page element that takes extra time to load. I've had it happen with slow loading pictures.

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
People who are inept at social distancing and don’t follow the 6-foot rule.
Agreed. There's always a couple people in the store that don't seem to follow the rule. My mother, who is over 70, said there was some woman in the supermarket the other day who kept coming right up beside her in various aisles.

Back off, people. If someone is looking at the same items you want to look at, you can wait 30 seconds until they move along.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not surprised that some just aren’t getting on board with the social distancing suggestions- it’s still happening all over the place where large groups are gathering in small places
(the party of 47 people, including DJ, in a 550
sq ft apartment in Ewing NJ- what are these
people thinking?)

Reactions: Tony Bensley

TJPC

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We just went grocery shopping. Many people seem to have this attitude: “I’m barrelling through, it is your job to get out of the way and move over 2 meters”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It irritates me that I’ll think of something irritating, but when it comes time to post, I’ve forgotten what it was.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Clinton McClure

Johnny Angell

Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell

TJPC

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We found the best time to shop for groceries, even at Costco, was 1/2 hour before the stores close. We just went last night for prescriptions and groceries, and there was no line up and only about 10 people in the stores. We could go at the crack of dawn, but you need a machete to hack through the other seniors most of which are not practicing social distancing.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
We found the best time to shop for groceries, even at Costco, was 1/2 hour before the stores close. We just went last night for prescriptions and groceries, and there was no line up and only about 10 people in the stores. We could go at the crack of dawn, but you need a machete to hack through the other seniors most of which are not practicing social distancing.
I went to Sams this morning for a 7am pickup (yeah... and I don't own a "smart phone" which complicates things). Of course, *after* I place the order my wife and daughter came up with several things to add. Guess what? You *can't* add to/subtract from/change at all any aspect of a Sams pickup order once it's placed. Not even adding/changing an alternate pickup person. My daughter says you can change a WM pickup order almost up to the pickup time.

So... I get there at 7am. The line is about 50 yards long (and, surprise! They were all ~6 apart!) but moved rather quickly. I got in, picked up the extra stuff, picked up my "pick up" order (since I was already inside it was a small detour on the way out the door) and made it home by 7:35 (it's a short 5-8 minute drive from my house). People were mostly keeping their distance inside (of course, there are areas that pretty much force congestion) - at least when/where possible.

I saw *several* examples of possible hoarding (one basket had 5 of those huge Sams Club toilet tissue packages - and wasn't stopped, which makes me think that "shortage" may have ended but isn't reflected online or they used several different membership cards).

Anyway... I mostly got what I *needed* fairly quickly (no refried beans though - and we seem to go through lots of those).

I almost wish I needed gas. I filled up last week at $1.90 and it's now down to $1.40. I had a bit over a half tank at the time and have driven a whole 35 miles since filling up...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP2