1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What annoys you?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Alf S, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Supporting Actor

Chip
    They can start with the bags. Often takes me longer to get the damn bag open than it does to actually check out.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  2. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Supporting Actor

Chip
    That implies that they had people manning the registers before. I never understood why they put in 30 or more checkout lanes but never had more than 5 open.

Tony Bensley and Johnny Angell like this.
  3. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Supporting Actor

Chip
    Having days off denied because the supervisor can't be bothered to check the schedule to see what notes I've already put on it, and thinking that the day off would interfere with other events. In the process showing that she doesn't trust me to maneuver my own schedule and not request off during significant events when I'm just trying to burn leave that I'll otherwise lose if it's not used in the next few weeks.

bmasters9 and Johnny Angell like this.
  4. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    Relating to Android app sign in issues:

On my 4+ year old HTC One 9 Android, which I've just recently started using again (Long, frustrating story!), I've run into some aggravating issues relating to apps that require signing in, namely Google Drive and Google Photos.

I won't go into the full gory details here, as I would on a separate, created technical topic (Which I was also unable to do!). Suffice it to say ALL attempts to log in to either app result in ridiculously long loading hang times, only to end with the super aggravating "Verify that it's you: You were signed out of your Google Account. Sign in again to continue." message.

Messenger was the one sign in app that I was able to resolve the hanging sign in fail issue by uninstalling and re-installing a different Messenger app, which required unchecking the Android's unknown apps security feature. The device is almost 5 years old anyway, and without Messenger, is pretty close to useless.

CHEERS! :)

P.S. Below is the screen where my failed sign in attempts always wind up! :P
    Screenshot_20200128-142404.

5. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    You think that's bad-- lately, Instagram on my Android has had this problem where it insists that I need to confirm my email address! I've done that four or five times, yet every now and again, they still insist on confirmation-- don't know why!

Tony Bensley likes this.
  6. atcolomb

atcolomb Screenwriter

Angelo
    I have a big gripe about the IFC channel. IFC used to stand for the Independent Film channel but I have noticed since last summer they have been showing about 50% of the time the National Lampoon films especially the Christmas one which is shown weekly since last summer. I have nothing against the National Lampoon films but how about something different. Also they have been showing The Three Stooges, That 70's Show and Two and a Half Men which are not independent films. I know they are owned by the AMC Networks and changed their format but they need to change their name.

Tony Bensley and ChristopherG like this.
  7. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Cinematographer

Chris
    Just noticed this in the last couple of days myself.

Tony Bensley and atcolomb like this.
  8. atcolomb

atcolomb Screenwriter

Angelo
    Let me say that my gripe also extends to the TLC & Discovery channel. No learning or discovery.. just a lot of horse crap on both!

Jeffrey D likes this.
  9. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    HA!!:rolling-smiley:

10. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    In my case however, the sign in problem literally prevents me from uploading to my Google Drive account from this device AT ALL! It tells me I need to login into my Google Account, only for it to then say this email address is already being used by someone else (No freaking DUH!), please try a different email address, AARRGGHH!!!!

bmasters9 likes this.
  11. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    Sorry, duplicate Post!

12. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

Seeing a large chunk of the Super Bowl commercials BEFORE the Super Bowl!!! Just casually watching YouTube videos the past week, and I think I have seen all of the biggest commercials that will play on the big night.
    They are forced in front of the YouTube videos.

I used to like to be surprised with seeing these very expensive produced commercials on the night of the game along with a good game of football, and lots of great food!! Now part of that magic has been spoiled.

13. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    We just recently finished making our lights, door bell, and thermostat a “smart” system. This means we can walk into a room and say “Google turn on the lights”. This was particularly handy after my wife broke her arm just before Christmas.

Now for the annoying part. Most of our lights accept a smart bulb, but for the ones taking mini lights or for fans etc., we use smart plugs by WEMO. These have always worked well before. Now for the last 2 days we get “sorry, can’t find WEMO from our smart speakers.

Sometimes it will say that and then slowly turn on anyway, or turn on only some of the lights. Yesterday for about an hour it was back to normal. Now it’s out again. Their website basically says “thanks for your patience, we’re working on it”. Meanwhile I’m driving my wife nuts testing it every 1/2 an hour. What gives?

14. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    I’ve ranted about this before, but what the f&$k is the matter with the lazy [email protected]&$s who shop at Walmart in the USA who can’t put their carts back?! The rest of the stores lots are generally ok, but Walmart is strewn with them, even beside the cart corral. This is rarely seen in Canada. As I wheeled my cart back, I counted 6 “feral” ones.

BobO'Link likes this.
  15. dvdclon

dvdclon Second Unit

David
  16. RobertR

RobertR Executive Producer

Palm trees. I hate the damn things. The ones around my house took a HUGE dump on my yard.

17. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    "Dump on your yard"?

When I lived in Jacksonville Beach, I always hated the palmetto bugs, those huge flying cockroaches.

18. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Rocket Science Department
    Supporter

Clint
    They left out two groups: People who intentionally push the carts to the receptacle furthest from the store or to the very edge of the parking lot to make the cart wrangler have to walk a greater distance, and people who steal the carts.

I’m an always returner, btw.

19. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    We have great big signs all over a local grocery store lot telling us that if you try to take the carts home you won’t get them off the lot because the wheels electronically lock. However they still have the “rent-a-cart” concept where you have to put in a looney. (dollar coin). At least they made a big deal of giving opening day customers a key chain with a slug that also works.

bmasters9 likes this.
  20. RobertR

RobertR Executive Producer

Yep, they dumped palm fronds all over my yard.