1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What annoys you?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Alf S, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    I wish I knew! :rolleyes:

2. The Drifter

The Drifter Second Unit

Jim
    I frequently encounter low-lifes.

3. John*Wells

John*Wells Supporting Actor

John
    Double tractor trailer trucks. I saw 3 on I 75 a few days ago. I 75 in Florida is crazy as it is. But, you run the risk of the wind blowing the connected trailers around and you can easily get sideswiped and injured

4. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Second Unit

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    The double trailers are more dangerous- very difficult to control both on snowy or icy roads.
    I’ve never had the “pleasure” of driving multiple trailers- no combination endorsement on my CDL.

5. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Cinematographer

Chris
    me too. not in my experience.

Dheiner likes this.
  6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I've always heard that direct eye-contact is one of the things that belongs in the same category as a firm handshake.

It gives the other person an indication that you are interested in them and not the shy and retiring type (or that you have something to hide).

Plus, any salesman will tell you its good for business and closing a deal. :D

Tony Bensley, Lacey and BobO'Link like this.
  7. Message #3987 of 4045 May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    The Drifter

The Drifter Second Unit

Jim
    If you're a guy, try going out & making full eye contact with perfect strangers on the subway, in a large downtown area, etc. & then see what happens. You'll be thought of as confrontational. It makes people uncomfortable at best, and at worst will cause people to be confrontational back.

Yes, if you're having a conversation with someone you know (or want to get to know) and/or if you're a salesman that's a different story. I'm talking specifically about eye contact re: strangers to strangers.

8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    When I open a web screen that requires data entry, seldom, very seldom is the cursor automatically placed in the first, or any field, requiring input. I know this is not hard to do and it annoys me.

Tony Bensley and BobO'Link like this.
  9. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    When a good, robust, desktop program is replaced with a slow, web based, JAVA abomination requiring a half dozen more clicks to do what you once did on the desktop version in one or two I get extremely annoyed. I spend half my day utilizing web based "apps" to do tasks that I once did in less than half the time using desktop programs.

10. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr

I was once told that somebody thought I was "seeing through them" when I was looking at them directly straight in the eyes. Especially when I'm not doing much talking.

11. John*Wells

John*Wells Supporting Actor

John
    People who can’t park properly

12. Message #3992 of 4045 May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    TJPC

TJPC Cinematographer

Terry Carroll
    How about people who absolutely insist on backing into every parking space? They are always either so crooked that they are on an angle, or so close to you that you can’t get into your car.

Rule: You can see best when you are looking forward, so you pull forward into the narrow parking space. You can’t see as well when moving backward, so you pull out into the much wider aisle when you leave!

The Drifter and Malcolm R like this.
  13. David_B_K

David_B_K Advanced Member

David
    I find that puzzling too. IMO, it is easier to back out of a parking space than to back into one. I guess people with rear-view cameras these days now feel they are backwards-parking superstars. Even dumber is when they back in when it is easier to drive through to the next space.

It still does not bother me as much as people going the wrong way in a directional parking lot.

14. The Drifter

The Drifter Second Unit

Jim
    Agreed. Whenever I park, I always park when I'm looking forward. It's very difficult to back into a parking space & park straight when doing so.

15. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Second Unit

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    While we’re on the subjects of people, vehicles and strange maneuvers, I have a couple of pet peeves-
    Those who use the hammer (passing) lane to just sit beside my company’s truck, and run the speed I’m running. This is not safe, and not smart. I won’t let cars or big rigs sit beside me for long.
    Those who don’t know how to merge into traffic from the on-ramps. This happens too often- cars will not floor it and comfortably get in front of me, or immediately slow down to get in behind me- lots of cars will slow down to the speed I’m running, and want me to move over for them, even though they don’t have the right of way. What I’ve gotten used to doing is look at the top of the on ramp, and if I see a vehicle coming on, I’ll move 1 lane over to avoid possible confusion.
    Those who cut the nose off of my vehicle to take an exit ramp. You’ve seen these fools- the fool will be in the hammer lane, you’ll be in the travel lane, the exit is 200 feet away, and the moron will fly in front of you to take the ramp. I consider this rude.

16. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    Wonder if any salesmen found that somebody who stares back straight directly into their eyes, is almost always a sign that the deal is dead and/or the customer is very skeptical and may just be biding time.

Lacey likes this.
  17. joyjoy22

joyjoy22 Auditioning

Joyce
    When someone force me to say yes to something that I don't want to do.

bmasters9 likes this.
  18. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    Unless that person has some sort of mind control only you have the power to say yes or no.

bmasters9 and Lacey like this.
  19. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    When people make short-sighted decisions that directly affect my life.

Lacey likes this.
  20. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Heh. Since getting my current car with a rear camera I prefer backing into spaces. I don't have depth perception so I never know how close I am to kissing the bumper or concrete wall when pulling front first into a parking space. With the rear camera I can clearly see the parking lines and the fore-mentioned bumper/concrete wall. Plus proximity sensors warn me to stop. When pulling into my garage I have to have a mark on my wall aligned with my door lock so I know when to stop.

But, yeah, I totally get what you're saying. My office window overlooks the parking lot at work and watching people (attempt to) park is often entertaining. You can tell those who don't have reverse cameras because it takes them several attempts to back into a space.