What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In one sense, going paperless can be a catch-22. The Federal Real ID act requires at least 2 proofs of address. One of the ways a person can do that is to provide 2 prices of mail postmarked and not older than 90 days .In my case, I was able to comply with the address requirement not needing 2 pieces of mail. However, not everyone is able to do that. At some point, the real ID act will have to be amended to make compliance easier

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
In one sense, going paperless can be a catch-22. The Federal Real ID act requires at least 2 proofs of address. One of the ways a person can do that is to provide 2 prices of mail postmarked and not older than 90 days .In my case, I was able to comply with the address requirement not needing 2 pieces of mail. However, not everyone is able to do that. At some point, the real ID act will have to be amended to make compliance easier

I always thought about that as well.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I got my Real ID about a year ago and didn’t have any trouble producing the required paperwork. To be safe, I took about a dozen different documents including a few utility bills, my social security card, car registration, tax bill, proof of taxes paid, and of course my old DL.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For today. I Do not really like it when you go to a Store (Pets Mart comes to mind) and they ask you if you have a reward card and to access the information they ask for your Phone # out load. With all of the Scams out there now days I never answer my phone anyway ..

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
For today. I Do not really like it when you go to a Store (Pets Mart comes to mind) and they ask you if you have a reward card and to access the information they ask for your Phone # out load. With all of the Scams out there now days I never answer my phone anyway ..
Present your member card or remember your member number and this becomes unnecessary. Though these programs track all your purchases anyway, so some privacy is already out the window with regard to your buying habits that are tracked, analyzed, then marketed to the highest bidder.

These rewards programs are a huge annoyance, period ("no, I'm not a member. No I don't want to sign up. Just ring up my shit and let me get the hell out of here."). They just slow down the already pokey check-out process. Another reason I prefer self-checkout where available.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My wife is addicted to these points programs for everything. I bet over the course of the last 30 years we have saved $1000s.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Present your member card or remember your member number and this becomes unnecessary. Though these programs track all your purchases anyway, so some privacy is already out the window with regard to your buying habits that are tracked, analyzed, then marketed to the highest bidder.

These rewards programs are a huge annoyance, period ("no, I'm not a member. No I don't want to sign up. Just ring up my shit and let me get the hell out of here."). They just slow down the already pokey check-out process. Another reason I prefer self-checkout where available.

In Pets Mart's Case though, they dont issue a card and they do it every time. I have not been there in a while and that is one of the reasons

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Petsmart switched from a member number to phone number account lookup a few years ago when they did away with their pet perks cards. I don’t mind telling the checker my phone number. That’s not very high up on my identity theft worry checklist.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Kroger asks for your phone number if you don’t have your Kroger card. I always just type it in at the POS terminal while the checker is scanning my groceries. An alternative is to let the checker scan the barcode of my Kroger card in my iPhone wallet, however, it’s faster for me to input my phone number.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Sometimes I forget to bring my Kroger card with me, so I give them my mother’s phone # (she passed away a few years ago). I still get the discounts- they don’t have my cell # as part of my profile.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
The one that drives us crazy is Michael’s, which asks for our e-mail address. We should change ours, but we now have a very primitive long address with many hard to understand sections (quickclic) in the middle, which you have to spell out to the clerk. My wife finally made up a card with it on it to show at the checkout.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I hate it when door-to-door salespeople/solicitors knock on your door. I never answer the door unless I'm expecting someone and/or a package delivery, so this kind of intrusion really pi$$es me off. What's especially aggravating is when they seem to know you're home (maybe they hear you inside talking, the TV on, etc.) and continue knocking/ringing the doorbell after doing it initially. So, I'm not coming to the door & you think that continuing to hassle me by is going to make me more likely to answer?! Yeah, right. Go f$#% yourself, a-hole.

Also, a lot of these guys are scammers. I made the mistake of opening the door to some of them about 10 years ago (before I completely stopped answering for these people) and these liars w/clipboards stated they were reps. from the phone company & were trying to sell me fiber-optic high speed Internet - before it even existed in my area. I was suspicious, and told them that I may consider it, but only by going through the actual phone company. One of the guys became visibly agitated and said that the offer was ONLY valid right then & there with them. Needless to say, I declined - LOL.

I've actually considered getting a lock for my front gate (so no one can get in unless it's unlocked) but I get quite a few package deliveries, and when I'm not home it's easiest for the delivery person to put the package inside my front porch area - and if I always had the gate locked, they wouldn't be able to easily deliver the package.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I hate it when door-to-door salespeople/solicitors knock on your door. I never answer the door unless I'm expecting someone and/or a package delivery, so this kind of intrusion really pi$$es me off. What's especially aggravating is when they seem to know you're home (maybe they hear you inside talking, the TV on, etc.) and continue knocking/ringing the doorbell after doing it initially. So, I'm not coming to the door & you think that continuing to hassle me by is going to make me more likely to answer?! Yeah, right. Go f$#% yourself, a-hole.

Also, a lot of these guys are scammers. I made the mistake of opening the door to some of them about 10 years ago (before I completely stopped answering for these people) and these liars w/clipboards stated they were reps. from the phone company & were trying to sell me fiber-optic high speed Internet - before it even existed in my area. I was suspicious, and told them that I may consider it, but only by going through the actual phone company. One of the guys became visibly agitated and said that the offer was ONLY valid right then & there with them. Needless to say, I declined - LOL.

I've actually considered getting a lock for my front gate (so no one can get in unless it's unlocked) but I get quite a few package deliveries, and when I'm not home it's easiest for the delivery person to put the package inside my front porch area - and if I always had the gate locked, they wouldn't be able to easily deliver the package.
The annoyance of door to door solicitations is one thing I don't miss since we moved into a security building last summer! :)

CHEERS! :)

Lacey

Auditioning
Real Name
Lacey Douglas
Not being polite. I wouldn’t say it's rude but when you make eye contact with someone, it’s customary to smile back. At least, in Texas it is. Or when a cashier doesn’t even look up at you when you approach the counter, then proceed to scan your items without a word. Sometimes you can charm them out of their current mood but it takes a lot of effort.

People not passing in the fast lane or not getting over to allow drivers behind to pass. No consideration for anyone who wants to go faster. KEEP TRAFFIC MOVING.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Not being polite. I wouldn’t say it's rude but when you make eye contact with someone, it’s customary to smile back. At least, in Texas it is. Or when a cashier doesn’t even look up at you when you approach the counter, then proceed to scan your items without a word. Sometimes you can charm them out of their current mood but it takes a lot of effort.

From your pic./name it sounds like you're female, so I just wanted to say it's different for guys. Making eye contact with a stranger (when both are guys) is typically considered confrontational - so, I generally try to avoid this. Conversely, I have noticed that - at least in some cases - women are generally more open. It's a different situation depending on your gender/age.

I do agree that salespeople/cashiers/wait staff/etc. typically make eye contact with you, say hello to you, etc. - but that's only because you're patronizing their place of business.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
For at least this past week, Facebook is constantly throwing up the EXACT SAME "Your conversations are moving to Messenger" notification! Good Grief, I got the bloody message, already! :P

What makes them feel the need to keep reminding you?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks