What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm so glad that the closest actual city to where I live is lousy with roundabouts. Traffic flows like a well oiled machine through most of it.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm so glad that the closest actual city to where I live is lousy with roundabouts. Traffic flows like a well oiled machine through most of it.
It was Conway where my daughter's iPhone GPS got us taken so far off course. All while trying to find an Indian restaurant. With so many out-of-towners in Conway on a regular basis I'm surprised there aren't more wrecks on 'em as most people are, like Terry said, clueless about the proper way to enter/exit one and just who has the right of way.

They installed one here 6-8 months back at a very busy intersection that's also close to an elementary school. I really wanted to take a sack lunch to the location the week it was opened and watch the show. :)

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It was Conway where my daughter's iPhone GPS got us taken so far off course. All while trying to find an Indian restaurant. With so many out-of-towners in Conway on a regular basis I'm surprised there aren't more wrecks on 'em as most people are, like Terry said, clueless about the proper way to enter/exit one and just who has the right of way.

They installed one here 6-8 months back at a very busy intersection that's also close to an elementary school. I really wanted to take a sack lunch to the location the week it was opened and watch the show. :)
The fact that you knew the exact city without it being named is a riot.

When Conway first began building them, there were a lot of accidents because roundabouts were not taught in driver's ed classes at the time and not many people knew the rules. There were tons of illegal left turns and low speed head-on collisions in them. Now, however, most people there have gotten used to them so the rate of accidents has dropped considerably.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Traveling annoys me. I'm a home body and hate to travel. Worse yet, I really hate to fly when I have to travel. That being said, I am spending two weeks in Peachtree City, GA for training on a product that we will be installing at a client's site in a couple of months. Rather than deal with the airlines and the BS that goes along with them, I chose to drive over from Arkansas. It's about a 10 hour drive, including fuel and bathroom breaks, but since I drove, I was able to bring along my PS4. Every evening after class when I get back to the hotel, I have been either playing Dragon Quest XI or streaming programs on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm with you there, Clint. Every business trip I've been on that I could drive in a day I've driven rather than fly. Most times I spent less time driving than had I flown. I don't mind flying but I don't like to travel and prefer having my own car rather than depend on a rental or taxi/public transportation in a "foreign" town. I once turned down a rather lucrative job as it would have required frequent travel and being away from home as much as being home.

Waiting in airports annoys me.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I've been waiting on a few packages I've ordered to arrive. One of them was actually ordered from a guy who practically lives in the same city (he's in the city, I'm in a suburb). USPS decided to route that package to another state (two if you count DC).

Another package was sent UPS to USPS, and if I'm reading the tracking right, it's been sitting at the post office for four days, waiting for someone to get off their rear end and acknowledge it.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I've been waiting on a few packages I've ordered to arrive. One of them was actually ordered from a guy who practically lives in the same city (he's in the city, I'm in a suburb). USPS decided to route that package to another state (two if you count DC).

If both of you were practically in the same area, why would USPS act otherwise?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Another package was sent UPS to USPS, and if I'm reading the tracking right, it's been sitting at the post office for four days, waiting for someone to get off their rear end and acknowledge it.

If both of you were practically in the same area, why would USPS act otherwise?

I had the same thing happen to me ..It does seem unnecessary
They do routing much like the USPS these days. Here, it goes halfway across the state to a sorting depot and returns. I've tracked UPS packages that do much like Chip describes - go to Memphis (regional sorting), then Little Rock (state sorting), then back here. Around "the world" to go across town.

Now... that UPS to USPS could still be at UPS. If it's "Mail Innovations" you need to enter the tracking number at USPS to see if they really have it or if it's sitting on a UPS dock somewhere.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The UPS tracking is actually more detailed. It specifically states that the package was transferred to USPS on March 7, and shipment was accepted by the same post office later that day. That was Thursday. There's been three mail delivery days and it still hasn't gotten to me. I'd be less annoyed if it was still sitting on the UPS side, because I expect that from them. They like to provide a generous estimate for delivery and then do everything they can to make sure the package doesn't arrive early.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
When I order blu rays from Britain to Canada via Amazon.uk, it also follows a circuitous route. First it goes to Germany, then to New York’s KFK and then Canada.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
USPS on the phone claims they haven't actually gotten it yet. Which also fits in with some of UPS's practices for their tracking and scanning ("fake" scans to make their tracking look better). One estimate I saw was March 18, which is ridiculous, seeing as how I placed the order on March 1.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
USPS on the phone claims they haven't actually gotten it yet. Which also fits in with some of UPS's practices for their tracking and scanning ("fake" scans to make their tracking look better). One estimate I saw was March 18, which is ridiculous, seeing as how I placed the order on March 1.

Almost 3 weeks from when you purchased whatever it was you purchased for your purchase to ship, let alone arrive?! Ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks