What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Birds, especially in the spring. Crack of dawn they start screeching and fluttering about, congregating in large flocks and pooping on everything as they flit back and forth.

Man, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning! ;)

Birds? Really? :laugh:

I LOVE the sound of birds--especially on a spring morning. Let's me know winter is done. :D

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Birds, especially in the spring. Crack of dawn they start screeching and fluttering about, congregating in large flocks and pooping on everything as they flit back and forth.

I like birds but you're right about that. They poop all over my decks. Why can't birds just poop on the ground like most other animals? :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Must be a regional thing. We've got loads of little birds, kind of like sparrows but with black heads. They're very cute, I feed them. Also put out peanuts for the squirrels. Don't care for it when we get crows, kind of obnoxious, but only a few times a year.

They small guys just make little chirping noises, very subtle, just background noise.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They small guys just make little chirping noises, very subtle, just background noise.
Not when there's hundreds of them in a tree outside your house. It might as well be Rodan.

godzilla-king-the-monsters-monsterverse-rodan-fan-art-22.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Except for this year. It just keeps coming back.

I hereby decree it all ends today! Here in my part of upstate NY today's high won't get above the high-40s. But the long-range forecast says we'll be getting up into the high-50s and into the 60s for the next couple weeks.

We...are...turning...the...corner. Today! :D

We've got loads of little birds, kind of like sparrows but with black heads.

I'm gonna guess chick-a-dees.

1200px-Carolina_Chickadee1_by_Dan_Pancamo.jpg

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I hereby decree it all ends today! Here in my part of upstate NY today's high won't get above the high-40s. But the long-range forecast says we'll be getting up into the high-50s and into the 60s for the next couple weeks.

We...are...turning...the...corner. Today! :D
Next on the docket: complaining about how unbearably hot and humid it is! :dancing-banana-04:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Power blackouts from too many folks using their air conditioners all at once during the peak heat/humidity season ?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Next on the docket: complaining about how unbearably hot and humid it is! :dancing-banana-04:

(More generally).

For a person who likes complaining about everything (whether online or offline), the actual weather is most likely incidental or even completely irrelevant :)

If it is not the current/future weather, then there is something else to complain about. (ie. Take your pick of any semi-random topic).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Nevertheless, in spite of how others (both online and offline) like to disparage whiners and complainers, I actually do like the company of offline friends/acquaintances who like to talk a lot. Whether complaining about anything and everything, I don't have to start a conversation with such individuals. They start it themselves, and all I have to do is nod and listen.

In many ways, such individuals are similar to an offline version of a "facebook" page. It is amazing the type of information that is voluntarily disclosed, without me asking any personal questions.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'm in a grouchy mood.

Here's a new topic, Meghan Markle. Constantly in the news. I see the name and skip right past it, as I also do with articles that I'm not allowed to mention. I don't give a rat's a**, what's the fascination with her? And the whole thing with "The Royals", maybe if you live in the UK, but the rest of the world really doesn't care.

Who cares what the queen had for breakfast and one of her corgis died, that's life. Had to put my cat down last year, certainly not international news.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I taught at a school that had a large amount of immigrant kids. Soon as they started bitching about the weather I told them “watch out, you are becoming a true Canadian”!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
And the whole thing with "The Royals"

Are you referring the "The Royals" tv show on the american E! cable channel? (With Elizabeth Hurley as the queen, Joan Collins as the queen's mother, etc ...).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Are you referring the "The Royals" tv show on the american E! cable channel? (With Elizabeth Hurley as the queen, Joan Collins as the queen's mother, etc ...).
I think he's talking about the current British royal family and how every time one of its members farts, burps, or pops out another brat, the whole world is expected to come to a standstill and applaud.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I taught at a school that had a large amount of immigrant kids. Soon as they started bitching about the weather I told them “watch out, you are becoming a true Canadian”!

(Along similar lines of complaining).

I remember something similar when I was in college, but in regard to class. The students which were on scholarships/fellowships were constantly complaining about their snooty/snobby classmates from rich upper class families.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I think he's talking about the current British royal family and how every time one of its members farts, burps, or pops out another brat, the whole world is expected to come to a standstill and applaud.

This is probably the british version of the tabloids. The american equivalent is watching every fart, burp, popping out another brat, etc ... from movie stars, rockstars, the kardashians, etc ....

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll

STOP! You are speaking high treason sir!! Who do you think is still on our money?:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks