What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The incessant Geico commercials. The key phrase in those commercials is "you could save...".

I've got quotes twice from them over the years. Both quotes were several hundred dollars higher than I currently pay.

Reactions: PMF

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We have radio and TV commercials for Alexanian carpets in southern Ontario. Each one starts with “I’m Shelly Alexanian”. She has the most irritating voice imaginable. I would much rather hear nails on a chalk board. If I am close enough, I immediately switch her off.

Reactions: PMF

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
People who drive with only their "parking lights" on. In my state this is illegal, but many people do this. They'll turn on the parking lights when it's raining while the state law is "If wipers are running for visibility (i.e. it's raining) and the vehicle is in motion then you must have your headlights on." Yet I've seen Police cars break both of these laws. They're called "Parking lights" for a reason.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I am not a deep person, whenever I get a “deep” thought, ...

Are you sure? :)

Judging by some of your posts here (outside of AfterHoursLoung), you seem to have some deep knowledge about vintage era films. My guess is this is not the sort of in-depth information that the average JoeSixpack would know or care about.

When I was younger, I wasn't a particularly deep person at all. The only thing I delved deep into was really lame stuff like: Star Wars trivia, tabloid trivia about then-current rock stars (mostly from the 80s), Cheech & Chong movies, etc ...

In the crowds I hung with back in the day, they were largely not deep at all either. For most of these peers, the only thing they knew (and cared) about in any depth, was stuff like: how much marijuana and liquor they were consuming every week, how many women they had one-night-stands with every week, how many fist fights they got into every week, etc .... Not deep at all.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Cashiers who feel compelled to tell their personal OMG stories to each and every one in line.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When the ground is snow-covered and people suddenly think the roads they drive on all the time have developed additional or wider lanes, and that the parking spots in the lot they use everyday have suddenly doubled in width.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Especially annoying is when a toilet fitted with the automatic flushing device also has a spray factor! :P
How about the fact that everyone is becoming so used to the automatic flush feature that when they use a toilet or urinal without it, they forget to flush, and everything in the restroom is filled.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Either that, or else the automatic flush malfunctions. :P
I see that fairly often, not necessarily that it doesn't flush at all but that it flushes too much. You're the only one in the restroom but there's a toilet flushing repeatedly, or you exit the stall and the toilet flushes like a jet engine for a couple minutes straight. These auto-flush valves are huge water wasters. They should be banned.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Lazy people who leave the shopping trolley in a parking space rather than returning it to the corral. I see it at every store I go to but Walmart seems to be the worst.
That's the one topic I've decided to be part of the solution on. Whenever I'm near a cart floating around in a parking lot, I put it into the cart corral. It's a win win- it helps people and it fuels my sense of superiority.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I generallly always return my cart if there's a cart corral/receptacle available. For the most part, I usually just leave the cart in the store and carry my bags out to the car if I'm able.

Times when I may not return the cart are if there are only a couple corrals at the far corners of the parking lot away from where I'm parked, or if the weather is really bad. But even then I would never leave it blocking a parking space. I'd always put it somewhere so that a vehicle could always pull in without hitting it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The jerks who park so carelessly, they take two spaces. They’re not parking to protect their, car, they’re just to lazy to park properly. Then there are the assholes who take two spaces to protect their precious baby. Pisses me off too.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Lazy people who leave the shopping trolley in a parking space rather than returning it to the corral. I see it at every store I go to but Walmart seems to be the worst.

Not only are you right on the money, but you actually used the word for "shopping cart" that the British use-- trolley (which, albeit I'm an American, I think is a better word than cart).

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Not only are you right on the money, but you actually used the word for "shopping cart" that the British use-- trolley (which, albeit I'm an American, I think is a better word than cart).
After many years of watching Top Gear on BBC and now The Grand Tour on Amazon, I sometimes find that I’ve used a British term for things when speaking or typing and I usually just go with it because it sounds better.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
After many years of watching Top Gear on BBC and now The Grand Tour on Amazon, I sometimes find that I’ve used a British term for things when speaking or typing and I usually just go with it because it sounds better.

And to be honest, I learned "trolley" (British word for shopping cart) from seeing a British version of Supermarket Sweep on YouTube (this called Dale's Supermarket Sweep w/Dale Winton).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks