What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My dog is a complete space cadet, loves water and sprinklers. She is so "not normal" I've given up. Absolutely wonderful but her brain is somewhere else. ;)

I find many dogs love water -- my two when I was little certainly did. Loved the blow up swimming pool, the little creek that ran behind the house, absolutely loved to chase the spriklers.

Cats I've rarely seen take to water naturally

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When a business or organization posts that something is "Temporarily" out of order, or closed, or unavailable, and the item in question continues to be out of order for weeks or even months.

You keep using this word...I do not think it means what you think it means.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Can you spray the cat with a hose or water gun when you see him stalking your feeder? Unless it's one of the rare cats that enjoys water, that might discourage him.

I'm not really a fan of birds. My neighbor has a bunch of feeders out and I hate the noise and mess. But the only neighborhood cat that seems interested here wears a bell, so he's not very successful in his hunt. :)

I changed my bird feeding habits a few years go, they were such slobs, they spilled half of what I put in the feeder. Then all those seeds proceed to sprout and grow, major lawn mower work to chop that down.

I'm still nice, but put seeds out in the alley or on my trash bin, now they eat everything, even cleaning up the spillage they cause.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
One winter we thought it was nice to feed the squirrels peanuts. They would stand on our fence and look cute munching away. When the snow melted, we found tons of shells and other debris lining both sides of our fences inches deep. Neighbours were not pleased. Later we heard that by feeding squirrels we were contributing to our cities rat problem as they ate the same food.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(This may sound incredibly egotistical).

In recent times, I've been coming to the realization that I don't have any "identity" or "personality" to speak of.

It is incredibly annoying finding this out in middle age.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
This past week, we've come to the realization that relocating this year just isn't going to happen. I'm not looking forward to yet another 6 months of winter especially in the same old annoying neighborhood, although at least it has been fairly quiet, lately, AND not much garbage laying around for a change (Hope I didn't just jinx it, LOL!). However, I have come to a sort of grudging acceptance, and am trying to look for silver linings. At least we'll have more time to get rid of the junk that we won't be needing. I would have gladly traded that time for a move out of the north NOW, but it is what it is, I suppose.

Today, I made pretty good progress in cleaning out the shed, tossing out several large garbage bags worth of no longer useful items, so that's a start, at least. Now, if I can just get our son to drive me (Nope, I don't drive - Never have!) to the hazardous waste disposal facility to dispose of the stuff that can't be thrown out with the regular trash, that'll be even better. My goal is to have all of the outdoor stuff taken care of before the snow flies, so that I can begin to focus more on the indoors.

CHEERS! :)

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I get annoyed when I go to a shop and see a sign on the door saying "back in 10 mins". Why don't they have the brains to put the exact time that they will be back so one knows if they are due back now or have just left. I never wait.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
What's really annoying is falling asleep in the middle of the day AFTER drinking 3 or 4 cups (or more) of coffee in the morning.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
One winter we thought it was nice to feed the squirrels peanuts. They would stand on our fence and look cute munching away. When the snow melted, we found tons of shells and other debris lining both sides of our fences inches deep. Neighbours were not pleased. Later we heard that by feeding squirrels we were contributing to our cities rat problem as they ate the same food.
I constantly feed the neighborhood squirrels (and the crows who also drop by). Don't know where the peanut shells go, but has never been a problem. :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What's really annoying is falling asleep in the middle of the day AFTER drinking 3 or 4 cups (or more) of coffee in the morning.
Falling asleep while drinking Coffee is even worse!

Thankfully, I now have one of those Bowling Pin shaped metal bottles that keeps my Coffee hot for up to 12 hours, so now there's a lot less of waking up to tasteless, ice cold Java. Now, it's just tasteless, but usually only with the last refill of the day.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Even worse is blanking out while driving.

Thank goodness I have never done that. I get "the terrible 2's" at 2:00 p.m. (This is caused because since retirement for some reason my wife and I can't bring ourselves to go to sleep before 1:00 a.m., and web still get up by 8:30)

If I am not doing anything active, I can fall asleep in an instant. So if I am watching a movie (especially a silent or one with commentary), surfing the internet, or reading a book it is not unusual for me to drop off. Suddenly I can't figure out what the film is about and have to re-wind 1/2 an hour to get where I fell asleep. This never happens when we are out, or at the theatre or in the car.

In the car I take additional precautions of coffee, ice cold air, and something interesting on the entertainment system. Funnily enough, my wife has always fallen asleep as a passenger on a trip almost as soon as the engine starts!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I don't think I've been able to watch a movie all the way through in over a year. It seems like every time I start a movie, I'm plagued with constant interruptions to the point that I eventually give up and turn the movie off. For example, I tried watching Ice Pirates tonight (silly 80s sci-fi movie, I know) and figured I could complete it since it's only an hour and a half long. Almost three hours later and I still had about 30 minutes left in the film and turned it off because I have to get up for work in six hours.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
This is why I really hate that a lot of Blu Rays do not resume where you left off, if you have to stop and turn off part way through. All DVDs did this.
Regarding Blu-rays, there's Universal's insanely long load times and their lovely screensaver that kicks in when the disc is left on pause for too long. Pressing "Enter" does allow for resuming play for the latter.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
How about after you shut it off and try to resume the next day?
I am trying to listen to the commentary tracks for my James Bonds on my portable Blu ray player as I work at my desk. Each day I have to jot down the chapter and time when I shut off the machine in order to find where I left off the last time. The machine doesn't have a clue. This of course never happens with DVD.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
This is why I really hate that a lot of Blu Rays do not resume where you left off, if you have to stop and turn off part way through. All DVDs did this.

I very rarely have this problem either with blurays or dvds. It must be that your player does not have a memory installed for re-playing discs without having to start again from the beginning. I am surprised that you also state 'all dvds'. A rarity with my dvds (and blurays). Removing a disc and inserting a different one can sometimes affect the original disc from resuming where you left off. I only have cheap all regions, bluray and dvd players (under $100) but the 'resume' problem is almost unheard of for me.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have no problem with DVDs, but have 4 different Blu Ray players Sony, Sanyo etc. all of which have resume problems at least 50% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks