what amps pre amps are all of you using to power your paradigms?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan Cook, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Nathan Cook

Nathan Cook Agent

By the way I got the atoms/reciever and Im upgradeing to seperates, what are you guys using for your paradigms and why did you choose your particular equipment?

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I would assume if you are upgrading to separates, you would upgrade the Atoms to the Reference line, no? Seems overkill to have a separates type situation with the Atoms, but that's just my opinion.

I have the reference line paired up with an Anthem MCA-5 amp. I think this is a very capable performer, but I mostly got the amp due to a great deal I was able to receive it for.

When I upgrade to a 7.1 situation, I am going to get a much more refined amp, but for now the Anthem is more than capable.

My pre-amp is the Anthem AVM-20. This is a great piece of equipment, but if you don't need all the features, I'd say save some money and get the Outlaw 950 if/when it's ever released.

3. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

I presently use Atoms as my rears for 5.1. My pre/pro is the Sherwoood-Newcastle 9080R and I'm powering tham with a B&K 3030 (250 watts per channel). They work great.

Carl

4. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Your speakers and room have a much larger effect on the overall sound of your system. I'd suggest upgrading the Atoms before moving to seperates (or at least demoing new speakers / old receiver vs. new front end / old speakers).

5. Nathan Cook

Nathan Cook Agent

yeah im gonna upgrade the atoms later. but right now im in possesion of 2 marantz mono blocks that are gathering dust. i think im gonna go with a marantz dd reciever and connect outputs to my mono blocks.(im on a change in the couch budget) anyways how does anthem, outlaw, sherwood-newcastle sound in 2 ch stereo.

6. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Im powering my Paradigm 40's with a Cinepro amp and I love the combo!

7. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

I run a 1050 outlaw as a pre/pro and a NAD218thx and a Outlaw 750 as my amps driving my Studio's (100,cc,20). I have nothing but praise for my system. I feel the 1050 holds it own in 2 channel music and home theater. I will upgrade sometime later to either the 950 or maybe the Anthem if Santa is good to me.[​IMG]
    Matt

8. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

I am using an Outlaw 1050 as a pre/pro and am powering my Studio 20's + CC with a Parasound 855 amp. I chose Parasound due to reading a few different threads that mentioned Parasound sounds great with Paradigm speakers.

9. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Parasound 2205 pushing my studion 100s great combo[​IMG]