1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

what amps pre amps are all of you using to power your paradigms?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan Cook, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Nathan Cook

Nathan Cook Agent

By the way I got the atoms/reciever and Im upgradeing to seperates, what are you guys using for your paradigms and why did you choose your particular equipment?

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I would assume if you are upgrading to separates, you would upgrade the Atoms to the Reference line, no? Seems overkill to have a separates type situation with the Atoms, but that's just my opinion.

I have the reference line paired up with an Anthem MCA-5 amp. I think this is a very capable performer, but I mostly got the amp due to a great deal I was able to receive it for.

When I upgrade to a 7.1 situation, I am going to get a much more refined amp, but for now the Anthem is more than capable.

My pre-amp is the Anthem AVM-20. This is a great piece of equipment, but if you don't need all the features, I'd say save some money and get the Outlaw 950 if/when it's ever released.

3. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

I presently use Atoms as my rears for 5.1. My pre/pro is the Sherwoood-Newcastle 9080R and I'm powering tham with a B&K 3030 (250 watts per channel). They work great.

Carl

4. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Your speakers and room have a much larger effect on the overall sound of your system. I'd suggest upgrading the Atoms before moving to seperates (or at least demoing new speakers / old receiver vs. new front end / old speakers).

5. Nathan Cook

Nathan Cook Agent

yeah im gonna upgrade the atoms later. but right now im in possesion of 2 marantz mono blocks that are gathering dust. i think im gonna go with a marantz dd reciever and connect outputs to my mono blocks.(im on a change in the couch budget) anyways how does anthem, outlaw, sherwood-newcastle sound in 2 ch stereo.

6. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Im powering my Paradigm 40's with a Cinepro amp and I love the combo!

7. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

I run a 1050 outlaw as a pre/pro and a NAD218thx and a Outlaw 750 as my amps driving my Studio's (100,cc,20). I have nothing but praise for my system. I feel the 1050 holds it own in 2 channel music and home theater. I will upgrade sometime later to either the 950 or maybe the Anthem if Santa is good to me.[​IMG]
    Matt

8. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

I am using an Outlaw 1050 as a pre/pro and am powering my Studio 20's + CC with a Parasound 855 amp. I chose Parasound due to reading a few different threads that mentioned Parasound sounds great with Paradigm speakers.

9. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Parasound 2205 pushing my studion 100s great combo[​IMG]