What am I doing wrong in selling my CRT projector?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Nicholls, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I purchased a really neat projector last January: an Electrohome Marquee 8501LC. So my previous projector, an Electrohome ECP Graphics, was put up for sale.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...&threadid=4411
    This is going on 10 months now and no serious interest. I have thrown in lots of extras and lowered the price. For $1000 you get an HDTV compatible FP with mount, screen, full manuals, and now a YPrPb to VGA transcoder.
    What am I doing wrong? Should this just get tossed in a dumpster someplace?

2. Richard Watt

Richard Watt Agent

In case you have not done this, you might have better luck posting it at the AVS Forums. They seem to like CRT front projection setups a lot more. And it's a cool forum too. Good luck on your sale.

3. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

Face it a front projection is something that 99 percent of us just dream about. My suggestion is to sell it on e-bay.

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

I may be wrong, but I think the CRT market is becoming one where the high-end models sell to the people who want maximum image quality at all cost. Thus a $1000 non-top-of-the-line CRT might be difficult to sell, since people in that price range will probably rather get a cheap LCD or DLP which is virtually hassle free.

5. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Dennis-- I still have a couple bucks.
    [​IMG]

6. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Richard,

It's been posted over at avsforum, and at Knapp's place too, these last 10 months.

Nathan,

Don't forget you pay shipping, which may cost several hundred bucks. This is why CRT projectors are MUCH better as a local you-pick-up purchase. (But then again there are 10 MILLION people within a 2 hour drive of my home.)