What about What About Bob?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Leopold, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Does anyone have this DVD? If so, do they edit out the Tourettes Syndrome reference? I had forgotten about that little controversy until I watched some of it on TBS the other night. I cringed when I heard "Buddy Disease" at the beginning of the picture. While I have sympathy for anyone & everyone with Tourettes, "Buddy Disease" just isn't funny. I'm holding off on buying this disc until I know for sure.

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

The DVD isn't altered to my knowledge, the references remain. Don't expect too much from the DVD, average non-anamorphic transfer, I wouldn't have got it were it not for the movie being such a gem (in that respect is deserves a better treatment).

Dan (UK)

3. Matt_Marlow

Matt_Marlow Stunt Coordinator

I'd love to see a special edition disc of this movie. I love the movie so much I named my cat Bob Wiley (seriously). If Ground Hog Day rates an SE, then so does What About Bob!
    And like the previous poster said, the Tourette's scenes have not been deleted. Still, it's a pretty average DVD for such a brilliant film.[​IMG]

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Hilarious movie....unimpressive DVD. I'd agree with that.

There were two versions of the Tourett's Syndrome scenes filmed - the "Buddy's disease" were shot for TV. Or maybe it was just dubbed, but I'm fairly certain it was done specifically for TV.

Anyhow, DVD is the theatrical film, and a trailer. At least it's been reduced to $19.99 retail.