What's new

What about What About Bob? (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have this DVD? If so, do they edit out the Tourettes Syndrome reference? I had forgotten about that little controversy until I watched some of it on TBS the other night. I cringed when I heard "Buddy Disease" at the beginning of the picture. While I have sympathy for anyone & everyone with Tourettes, "Buddy Disease" just isn't funny. I'm holding off on buying this disc until I know for sure.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The DVD isn't altered to my knowledge, the references remain. Don't expect too much from the DVD, average non-anamorphic transfer, I wouldn't have got it were it not for the movie being such a gem (in that respect is deserves a better treatment).

Dan (UK)

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see a special edition disc of this movie. I love the movie so much I named my cat Bob Wiley (seriously). If Ground Hog Day rates an SE, then so does What About Bob!
And like the previous poster said, the Tourette's scenes have not been deleted. Still, it's a pretty average DVD for such a brilliant film.:D

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Hilarious movie....unimpressive DVD. I'd agree with that.

There were two versions of the Tourett's Syndrome scenes filmed - the "Buddy's disease" were shot for TV. Or maybe it was just dubbed, but I'm fairly certain it was done specifically for TV.

Anyhow, DVD is the theatrical film, and a trailer. At least it's been reduced to $19.99 retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks