What about this??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by RyanJE, Feb 17, 2005.

1. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Hi all. Im new to the world of dvd burners. What do you guys think of this? Im looking for externals and this price is about right. Can these actually burn movies. Just so I have two copies for myself of course. I wouldnt do anything illegal with it![​IMG]

2. Doug Brewster

Doug Brewster Second Unit

It isn't possible to burn copy-write protected material with DVD recorders. If you want to make a copy for yourself [​IMG] you will need an PC DVD burner, DVD Shrink, and Nero. There may be other ways as well, but this works well and is easy to do. The copy you make will not be as good as the original, but the difference is hardly noticeable. You still get the surround sound and excellent quality video.

3. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

4. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Anyone
    ??

5. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Keep in mind, that NOT all pre-recorded DVDs are copy protected. While these forums DO NOT allow discussions on how to copy copyrighted material, I can tell you that there are some discs that can indeed be copied. If you try to copy a DVD with for example, a stand alone Liteon DVD recorder, and the disc is copy protected, the recorder would give an error telling you the disc is "protected content" and would abort the copying process.

As an example of this, I copied an old "Night of the Living Dead" (the original 1968 version) from my portable DVD player to my Gateway DVDR. It copied great although the menus do not copy over. NOTLD has been in the public domain for a number of years so there was NO copy protection needed or added on the disc.:b

6. JeffLambas

JeffLambas Extra

I would go for the PC burner myself. Allows you to shrink and copy any dvd you come accross, not that you would do that
    Rgds
    JL