What about this set/device?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Eugene_R, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Eugene_R

Eugene_R Auditioning

Anyone know anything about the Hitachi Aspect APE51M200???

I saw it at Circuit City and the picture was very good and had a great price for 51" set, but I can't find a thing about it.

My guess it is a newer set.

Anyone have any info???

2. Eugene_R

Eugene_R Auditioning

I also get the impression that although this is a Hitachi set, it is being put out under the Aspect name? Could be wrong. CC said they just got this set in on Saturday. Looks almost too good to be true but I know there must be some issues.

3. Eugene_R

Eugene_R Auditioning

Sorry to be a pest, but it looks like CC finally has this set on their website:

circuitcity.com/ssm/Aspect-by-Hitachi-51-HDTV-Display-51M200-/sem/rpsm/oid/129632/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It looks like this box has no built-in tuner. Any thoughts to this revelation???

4. John Whittle

John Whittle Stunt Coordinator

There is a similar Sony set on sale at Fry's for a little bit more ($1299 for 55 or 56). Both are CRT based and lack tuners (probably to get around the FCC mandate on HD Tuners).

If you source from cable or sat, probably wouldn't be a problem, but as a 10 year owner of a CRT Based JVC NV-55BX4, you will have to watch out for burn in. I have side panel burns even after careful set-up--just a fact of life after an extended period.

John