What's new

What about these Floorstanders? (1 Viewer)

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Cerwin Vega's aren't known for quality speakers. Their subs may go really loud, but in actual fact its not clean bass, output isn't really THAT low, and its pretty boomy, one-note bass. I know this is a generalization, but its the impression everyone gets, and I'm sure it isn't that far away from the truth.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
They sound pretty bad IMO, I heard them on a Yamaha 100wpc receiver. The price is real cheap though.

What I noticed most about them were that the highs are harsh and distorted. At high listening levels the highs are unbearable.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
The CVs are decent speakers but they cater more to party people rather than HT or music. They are not a refined type of speakers. For quality of sound the CVs you are looking at will easily be beat out by a pair of nOrh 4.0s and an Aperion Audio SW-12.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Well In a way i am looking for a nice pair or set-up for my home theater. I want to go DIY like the speaker City kit.

My speakers are pretty good right now but I don't think they can handle a lot of power because I just blew the woofers on them. Altough I'm getting replacements, I was going to put them in the 2 Channel Room and get a new set-up for my home theater room.

As far as budget is concerned, I don't wanna spend more than $1500.00 shipped. I want at least a set of 5 for 5.1.

I've been looking at the Divas for a while but I really want to hear them first before I buy.

I really liked the way the Infinity Overture sounded but i think they are more than $1500.00.

I already have a DIY Tempest Sonosub so the low end is pretty much there. Should I go with Bookshelves or Floor Standers?

I guess more research is at hand.

thanks for your time

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Paul-
Yes it is So. Im very sorry to say that it happened during one of my (inexperienced) AVIA test tone calibration. I had my SPL meter from RS and for some reason it was not registering anything. So I turned up the volume on the sweep and by the time I heared the clacking sound, they were already blown. I pulled out the grill to make sure and sure enough when I push on the woofer, it sounded like it needed wd-40 to get that horrible squeaking noice you hear when you rub 2 metals together without grease. (really sucks).
I love these speakers and thank goodness for the warranty, I called IAG and they are shipping me a new set of woofers no questions asked and for free.
I think I will retire them to a dedicated 2 channel room and use my old Hk AV 110 to power them and have my Sony DA5ES do a new set of DIY.
I was looking at either a set of KIT 281's or the GR Research AV1+, but I will have to audition them first to see if they can at least be as enjoyable as my Modus Music 1.6
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Angelo :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks