1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What about the New Adventures of Johnny Quest?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Simon, Feb 25, 2004.

1. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

Seeing that Warners has announced the release of the original Johnny Quest series on DVD, I was wondering if anyone knows of plans to release the newer version of the show. While the few episodes of the original help me understand why people liked it so much, I thought the newer ones were fantastic. Would this be unlikely to show up until after the entire original series is released? Or are there some issues that might delay it any further? Any news would be appreciated [​IMG]

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

Original Jonny Quest (from the 60's) - 26 eps
    New Jonny Quest (from the 80's) - 13 eps
    Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (from the 90's) - 52 eps (2 seasons)

All three series were done by Hanna Barbera so I don't see why anything should hold up their release by Warner under their "Hanna Barbera Golden Collection". Since this first set is subtitled "The Complete First Season", I have a feeling that the next set will be "Jonny Quest: The Complete Second Season - New Jonny Quest". Now, the set could certainly be called something else, but my point is that assuming this first release sells well, there's no reason why Warner wouldn't keep releasing the subsequent series onto DVD. I wouldn't expect them to go out-of-order though so it might be a year or so before the Real Adventures hits.