Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Surprised this isn't out on DVD yet.

Anybody hear anything?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, I haven't heard anything, but it should be an easy show to put out on DVD: it ran for only two seasons, and a total of 70 episodes. I believe it's owned by Paramount, and I expect it would be one of their more inexpensive sets, a la the Honeymooners and Have Gun, Will Travel.

It's not my all-time favorite show, but it's by the creators of Leave It To Beaver, is entertaining, and--like I said--would only take two purchases to complete the collection.

I think all the big shows like this will eventually come to DVD. Still, if I had to put Paramount shows in order of release, I would want the Bradys first. :)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm dying for this show, and I can only speculate that perhaps:

A) It's tied up in syndication

B) There are "music rights" issues. Remember the episode where The Standells appeared and sang "I want to Hold Your Hand"? -- just a thought ....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Actually, THE MUNSTERS should be owned
by Universal, that is, unless the rights
changed over.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ron, the Munsters is a great show, and I am also hoping it finds its way to DVD soon. Herman as a wrestler is one of my favorite episodes, and not just because I'm a wrestling fan.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
No, lets be honest, its not a "great show". Its okay but one that would do well. But Universal has always been suspicious of the home video market going back to the days when they sued Sony to try to put Betamax and home video out of business. Leave it to Beaver, which is for my generation the equivalent of the Brady Bunch for 70s kids, has never been out in any format. This company is just very, very wary of releasing things to the home market. Whether or not the ownership change affects that remains to be seen.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Quote:
Mark To No , lets be honest, its not a "great show". Its okay but one that would do well.

No, it's a FANTASTIC Show!!! One of my all time favorites, next to Lost In Space. PLEASE,PLEASE GIVE US SEASON BOX SETS. I believe it would do great. There are tons of "Munsters" fans out there! Just waiting for this:)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I think we have different definitions of "great". I like a lot of shows that I would not call great by any stretch. Big diffence between loving a show and it being great. I love Gidget. Gidget is not a great show. Is Lost in Space great? Land of the Giants? Gilligan's Island? My Mother the Car?

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I would definitely purchase "The Munsters" on DVD. I love this show! I think Fred Gwynne is a comic genius.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Is Lost in Space great? Land of the Giants? Gilligan's Island? My Mother the Car?

REPLY.

Yes!!! it's cool to think the above mentioned are GREAT! Not eveything is High Art;):)

Yes, your friends will still love you in the morning.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well if you're gonna do the Munsters then you have to bring out The Addams Family.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Bring on the Munsters!! I'd love it. Glad for any publicity brought to this cause!

PS: I'd go for Batman (West et al); and Max Headroom, too!

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Another vote here for calling "The Munsters" great. Aside from "The Simpsons" and "Green Acres," has there been a more important show the last, oh, 40 years?

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Bring on "The Munsters" I liked the one's where Herman goes to his half blind doctor played by Paul Lynde. I've been watching these on TV Land and would love to have them on DVD. I'd even go for F Troop and Get Smart.
Jim

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I actually probably liked The Addams Family more than The Munsters...

But, I would possibly pick up both...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks