What's new

What about The Greatest American Hero??? (1 Viewer)

Pam

Auditioning
Seeing Punky being released to DVD is all well and good but I love the Greatest American Hero... What is strange is that Punky has less votes then The Greatest American Hero... I am about to give up on seeing The Greatest American Hero on DVD:frowning:

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I think it would only be strange if Punky & GAH were owned by the same people. Since they're not, I can't imagine that their relative rankings are a factor in distributor's decision-making process.

As far as GAH - I wouldn't give up hope unless every other Cannell show had been released. Since very few of them have come out so far(Ventura got Wiseguy, now Universal has announced A-Team, but I can't think of any others off the top of my head) they must still be in the deal-making stage, or very early production stage.

I hope it comes sooner than later, but I think it's way too early to be giving up on any of the Cannell shows.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.
I never thought I could be so freeeee.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me."

------Yeah, I remember the show!

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's encouraging that the series is currently being screened in Canada (Showcase Action, I think), although I've heard the episodes are cut in some way. The Disney film seems stalled (there's mention of that on Cannell's web site), so maybe that will have an impact on the property, since so many remakes seem to spawn the DVD release of the shows we really want. :?

The 25th anniversary of the show is coming up. It would be a great time to release the entire show on DVD. I think someone else here mentioned they'd love to see it packaged in the box the suit came in, which I think would be a great idea. So long as there are no instructions ...

Rick P

Supporting Actor

I had someone record them for me on DVDR and, with the exception of the 'pre-credit highlights' and 'next week' segments, I can assure you they (AFAICT) are uncut (roughly 47:30 from opening music to paper toss)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks