What's new

What About 'That Girl'? (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Is there any word on when this classic 60's show might see the light of day on DVD? I'm not big on 60's TV, but this one along with Bewitched and Gilligan I would consider buying. I used to watch it when I was a kid and I never forgot it.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Anchor Bay released a disc with 9 episodes a few years back, but it didn't sell very well I hear. I'm not sure if they still have the rights to the series. That DVD is long OOP.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
It's on the site, but it says it isn't available.

Someone on Amazon is selling a used copy for $169.99! Hilarious!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

This is true. That Girl was one of the first old TV shows to be released on dvd before the dvd boom craze took off. Many people, like myself, did not have dvd players when this show was released. The show was also released in a vhs format. I bought the vhs version, so I'm not surprised the dvd version didn't sell well. I hope someone else gives the show a chance.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
As much as I love Marlo Thomas, I wouldn't buy That Girl.

But just in case somebody I know ever asks me, was it released on DVD or laserdisc (a.k.a. LD) ? Laserdisc wasn't before my time, but it existed at a time when I couldn't afford that format.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
This is certainly one of the most successful sitcoms of the 1960s that hasn't seen a proper season set release. Of course, successful by ABC standards. But still, while I don't know how well 5 seasons would sell, I would really like to see a couple of season sets at least. I'm not sure who owns the show but I believe Marlo herself owns it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks